Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Need Help on Skimmer

Need Help on Skimmer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    To all marine experts :

May I know where I can get a skimmer which uses a powerhead that can fit into my internal overflow sump??? I tried looking around but always see all those big types. Dont have small ones. I dont like to get those air operated ones as I think it cant skim my 3ft marine tank.

Anybody got any good and cheap recommendations to get a small one which will fit into mine internal overflow sump???

If not got any drawings on how to DIY one???

Need Help on Skimmer

To all marine experts :

May I know where I can get a skimmer which uses a powerhead that can fit into my internal overflow sump??? I tried looking around but always see all those big types. Dont have small ones. I dont like to get those air operated ones as I think it cant skim my 3ft marine tank.

Anybody got any good and cheap recommendations to get a small one which will fit into mine internal overflow sump???

Need Help on Skimmer

To all marine experts :

Need Help on Skimmer

To all marine experts :

Feedback Score
    Hi Adrian,

Got your skimmer yet??
    Saw your tank pics.. understand why you would require a smaller skimmer fed by a powerhead..

I have a similar setup and this is what I do...
    Purchase a Macro (Taiwan made) venturi skimmer.
    Get a high volume output submerged pump with a tee off (control valve on one of the outlets.. and feed the other outlet to the skimmer.

Can now control the amount of water flow into the skimmer..