Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: white spots

Feedback Score

white spots

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can any kind souls help??? alot of my fishes haf white spots on their fins, tails and bodies....it happened last thursday... for the past few days i changed 2 times and added aquatic salt according to the amount stated in the forum... but the white spots are still there.... wat shld i do???? other than the spots, the fishes seemed healthy....should i buy the white spot treatment?? thgks for the help in advance...

Feedback Score

white spots

can any kind souls help??? alot of my fishes haf white spots on their fins, tails and bodies....it happened last thursday... for the past few days i changed 2 times and added aquatic salt according to the amount stated in the forum... but the white spots are still there.... wat shld i do???? other than the spots, the fishes seemed healthy....should i buy the white spot treatment?? thgks for the help in advance...

Feedback Score

white spots

Feedback Score

white spots

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Try Befuran if condition still not improve until now. I tried it on my rummy nose and they recovered within a week. But remember to follow the dosage instruction or the fish will die faster.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    DEA, can salt treatment been used if there are corydoras in the tank ? I vaguely remember someone mentioning something like this.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yes
    juz don't go and dump in the salt undissolved
    make sure you stir in the salt solution slowly
    the myth comes from people dumping in the salt solution at one shot and having a cory swim right into it

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, I am so blur after reading all this white spot treatments... quick spoonfeeding question please: Do you treat infected fish in a "hospital tank" or do you just salt-treat the entire tank?

And the dosage is 1 TBSP per 20 litres right? I don't think I can up the temp of the tank cos there are so many shrimp in it. By the way, only my rummy noses are infected, not my cardinals So sad...
    -----------------------------
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Treat the main tank as the worm is already inside...You do not need to up the temperature as Sg temp is pretty high already.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Just to share my recent experience with white spots. I got some Marble Hatches that had white spots and within 3 days, almost every fish in my tank (cardinals, Rummy nose, bleeding hearts) were hit. []

Followed DEAs suggestion of 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 20l, blast my UV 24hrs and within 1 week, all gone! I did keep up the salt dosage for another week though and suffered ZERO casuality!

Thanks to DEA and AQ!

eggz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    eggz, thank yourself for following through with the proper treatment
    nothing else would have saved your fish
    we can only advise, not enforce [:]