Images
    Country
    Singapore

Advise needed on Sony Cybershot H9/H7

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys... I am intending to get a new digital camera to supplement my DSLR, mainly for travelling purpose as the DSLR is just too darn heavy to bring around for holidays...

And I happen to see this Cybershot model from Sony, H7/H9 (difference is the LCD screen size and ~$200)... And would like to get it as it behaves somewhat like a DSLR which I had gotten used to...

I have about 1 more week (due to work schedule) before I go down to MS Colour to get it and so would like to seek advise on whether it is a good 'investment'...

Advise anyone? Thanks!
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    What about the Canon G7 or something like the Leica D-Lux 3?
    Eric

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think the Leica D-Lux 3 has a Panasonic equivalent that is much cheaper. But I love the Leica though. I'm a sucker for the little red dot.

As for the Sony, can't quite say I have any experience with it. If you have a chance for a hands on experience, then you'll probably get a better feel.

I've recently got an Olympus mju 790 SW. Drop resistant and waterproof up to 3 m. Good for travel and general play. You can put it inside the fish tank for shoots too!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The Panasonic Lumix has a prosumer camera which has pretty good zoom factor and manual controls. Plus the ISO at 800 is pretty decent imo when I was using it to shoot Aaron Kwok at Plaza Singapura. Not sure what model though as it belonged to my friend.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    The Leica D-Lux 3 does have a Panasonic equivalent with one difference. The components are all the same, but the processing algorithms are different.
    Eric

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am putting off the purchase for the moment... I am concerned about the use of the memory stick and reading it using a read reader... I will need to look around more...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...