Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: crackling sound

Feedback Score

crackling sound

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone have the same experience with eheim filters that produces noises. Recently my have this 'broken part within' sound that irritates the shit out of me.

I have tried filling water to the top of the filter, adding vaseline to the valve.

Only slight improvements.

Is it because of the surface schemer, should the flow on the surface be fast , moderate or very slow?

Any idea what's going on. It's a new filter, only 2 mths old.

Feedback Score

crackling sound

Anyone have the same experience with eheim filters that produces noises. Recently my have this 'broken part within' sound that irritates the shit out of me.

I have tried filling water to the top of the filter, adding vaseline to the valve.

Is it because of the surface schemer, should the flow on the surface be fast , moderate or very slow?

Feedback Score

crackling sound

Feedback Score

crackling sound

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The surface skimmer should set at a ratio from top to bottom 30:70 which is moderately slow the rest of the intake should be at the bottom.

There might be air inside yr cannister, give it a few shakes to let the air out of the cannister,remember to set yr skimmer first before shaking the cannister.

if problem persist, then i guess you got to check the parts of the cannister and the motor area if there is any crack among it.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I set my skimmer (when I was using one) so that its just starts to flow.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    don't use skimmer with external filters. sometimes the skimmer stops working (clogged with plant leaves) and your filter will fill with air..

I use a powerhead with a skimmer hooked to a fbf, you can try it with an overhead or similar type filter .