Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Fan in vivarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Do you guys have fan in your vivarium?? if so, do you on the fan 24/7??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Fans drive out the humidity... If you really have to have 1, it might be better to have it move air OUT of the vivarium gently...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm keeping a vivarium at room temperature..is it necessary to keep the plants cool..?? i have moss and crypts currently...

Justikanz,
    if the fan is blowing air out, it drives the moist out too right..?? and what do you mean by blowing the air out gently...?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, the lower the temperature, the better for the plants. The crypts will most likely not complain but the moss will not be happy.

The fan should be set such that is it not driving the air out of the tank... More like assisting convention... To move the hot air out of the tank... you can also blow air in... But the speed of the fan should be set such that there are no movements to the leaves... Just enough to move the air for circulation...

If you have no fauna in the tank, you just need 2 'air holes' on the cover of your tank. The opening of the tank cover for you to spray/mist/trim/ arrange etc every 1-3 days is good enough sometimes...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm....currently i am using the fan to act like an exhaust, blowing air out...
    without the fan, temperature can reach up to 30+degC...with the fan, the temperature drop to 26-28 degC..

with the fan blowing out, i don't see any leaves swaying or moving...but i believe, moist will escape as well, although i have the tank covered..
    should i get a smaller fan, maybe a 5cm x 5cm, to minimise moist being escaped..??? will it make a huge difference between a bigger and smaller fan..??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The smaller the fan, the lower the speed of the fan blades, the less the impact on the humidity.