Country
    Singapore

Bulged eyes, help needed

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    One of my cardinal tetra is suffering from bulged eye (just one). What should I do to take care? I've not tried any medication yet, so please help.

regards
    Bhargav

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I think it is more commonly known as pop-eye or Exophthalmia, which is a symptom rather than a disease itself.

One of the causes is due to poor water conditions and stress, so I would suggest trying this first. Short of knowing your tank conditions and bioload, I would suggest isolating your fish to a hospital tank.

Maintain good clean quality water (perhaps via daily water changes) and either avoid feeding or feed sparsely so that the water quality doesn't deterioate easily. See if there are any improvements over several days.

If things still do not improve, then you would probably need to get the commerical medications to treat the fish. I am not able to recommend any since I am unsure, but if you were to look around, I am sure the labels on the medication would be able to tell you what the treatment is for.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Its a sign telling you of poor water conditions. You may use medication but it doesn't come cheap as compared to the price of your cardinal.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks guys, I do agree it may be because of the water conditions. I'm bit too busy with my new born and didn't have enough time to do my regular water changes. I think I should do this weekend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bhargavs View Post
    Thanks guys, I do agree it may be because of the water conditions. I'm bit too busy with my new born and didn't have enough time to do my regular water changes. I think I should do this weekend.
    still can wait ? at least do some partial WC.

CHeers..