4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Jason.. thanks for the explanation... i had thought youth at risk was something worse...
    Sounds like me when i was that age in school....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I'd like to commend Altum_lover, uklau and anyone else involved in this project for their generosity in helping out today's youths i'm no aquascaping expert, but if there's any menial labour i can chip in to help do let me know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    I'd like to commend Altum_lover, uklau and anyone else involved in this project for their generosity in helping out today's youths i'm no aquascaping expert, but if there's any menial labour i can chip in to help do let me know.

yi xiang, based on the threads that you have posted, i believe that you are very versed with the chemistry of aquascaping. Furthernore, if the kids were to know that some lawyer out there is willing to give 3 - 4 hours of his saturday once a month to help them, don't you think you have already leave a legacy which money cannot buy behind for the younger generation?
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Guess most of us were like that at one point in our lives... just that these I mentioned are merely symptoms of a greater problem in their lives. Yet these symptoms tend to lead them into stuff they do not really intend to do but live to regret. So the risk is real and high.
    "Live simply, simply live."
    4ft Tank: 4 Altums, 2 Bristle Noses, 2 Panda Garras
    2ft Tank 1: 1 Tetraodon Baileyi
    2ft Tank 2: 1 Monotrete Abei
    2ft Tank 3: 1 Tetraodon Cochinchinensis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha thanks for the compliments, but i'm still learning alot from other pros here on this forum i'll try and help out as much as i can. we can work out the details via sms/phone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    jason, so can i take it that you are in offically in? I need to submit a name roll to the school cos i'm also responsible for the quality of the instructors going...
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    haha thanks for the compliments, but i'm still learning alot from other pros here on this forum i'll try and help out as much as i can. we can work out the details via sms/phone

my email: [email protected]. i afraid that i might not have the time to answer your sms cos i'm need to work to fund this project other than my family expenses. hence, email is a better option cos i'll be online to get my daily devotional material every night

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hi all,

this sounds like an interesting and meaningful project! although i am far from being qualified to be an instructor, i believe that everyone from AQ can play a part in contributing to this workshop and CCA to bless the would-be members! if you guys don't mind, i would like to donate my wood which i posted on earlier for sale to the project. its really nothing big, but that's something small which i have to offer. hope you guys will not think that i'm giving it away just because i do not need it anymore, just want to aid a good cause in my own small way. if you guys like the wood, just tell me the collection date. if not, its really fine too. thanks alot David for starting this project. all the best in your quest to garner more support for this very meaningful initiative!

wood:

-clint- ~apisto keepers unite!~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think we all can chip in with stuff we don't need, might go a long way with it. I have a couple of 2 feet tanks in my school to clear if you want. I have also a couple of things on my side. True, you might end up being a collector of oddities, but it will challenging on students part on to mix and match.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    clint, i gladly accept your offer Collection will be after 24th Oct 07 as the boys finish their exams around that time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle-mania View Post
    I think we all can chip in with stuff we don't need, might go a long way with it. I have a couple of 2 feet tanks in my school to clear if you want. I have also a couple of things on my side. True, you might end up being a collector of oddities, but it will challenging on students part on to mix and match.
    i will forward this offer to them and ask if they are keen. can use as hospital / quaratine tanks and maybe also to soak the other DW or bogwood.

Also the maker has agreeed to provide the tank at half price.
    Last edited by benny; 11th Oct 2007 at 16:34. Reason: Merge posts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a piece of bogwood, the size is around 1.5ft, and another piece of driftwood around the size of 3 ft to sponsor if you want.
    if you are interested, pls let me know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi David, quickly post the letter from the principal so that we have more people coming in to donate plants!

It's time to jab in more Root+ for a huge harvest next month .
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    no problem david, thanks for accepting my humble offer. will keep the wood for the time being. glad that i can contribute a small part to this project. tell me when you want to collect the wood and we can arrange again. cheers.
    -clint- ~apisto keepers unite!~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyMF View Post
    I have a piece of bogwood, the size is around 1.5ft, and another piece of driftwood around the size of 3 ft to sponsor if you want.
    if you are interested, pls let me know.

sure. thanks for the offer. i'll accept it on their behalf.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i have a spare 10kg pack of europet fine sand (cream colored) that i can donate if you think it will be of use for the scaping

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i have spiky moss and whatever else moss... just came home and say my tank.. its a freakin jungle...

also have some vals nana to spare..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    This reminded me... I got lots of dirty old gravel to donate. Make the kids wash it... it'll build character.

Seriously, I have a lot of old dirty gravel. It should be great for jump-starting the substrate. I'll have to check, but I'm guessing it's good for a good part of a 4ft tank.

I have some wood as well and rocks. And lots of accessories, fertilisers, etc. I need to go check tonight.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi David,

Did you say 4 feet tank? That's great, because I have a 4 feet light set which I salvage from under my block. It houses 2 x PL tubes.

Have yet to test it out to see whether it is still in working order, but if it is not, you can always use it as a teaching aid for the students and fix it for them
    You can also modify it if the intention is to use LEDs.

You have my number right? Contact me to arrange for pick up?

Cheers!
    - eric

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    If the students are just starting out this tank i think it should go low tech.. but low tech has less science involved...and if it is a learning experience and the students are maintaining it daily... high tech should be okay.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast