Thread: Aquascaping workshop for MONFORT Sec

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Like I said mix and match, they got to make do with what they have. By the way, when are we sending the stuff down. I recommend anytime after the 18th October, as the students are having their exams now and we will soon have to do our marking too. You will be hard pressed to get the teacher to meet us, that kind of includes me too

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I got a packet of new lapis sand to contribute. (think is around 10kg)

Interested to collect from me.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I also have 2 NTUC bags of aquaclay mixed with ADA aquasoils. Just shut down 2 of my tank.

By the way is the date fix already? I might miss of the information
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    sure. thanks for the offer. i'll accept it on their behalf.
    David my contact is 96723922, please or sms me to arrange for pick up. if i am not wrong i still have a CO2 kit with solenoid in my storeroom. it should be 3 litre, i can give it to the kids too, but its empty though.
    oh ya, i stay in jurong, so preferably collection point would be in jurong.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi David,

I got one set of surface skimmer lying somewhere in my storeroom, will give it up for the project as well (if I can find it).

Cheers!
    - eric

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like everybody is getting excited now!

David, I think it would be good for you to summarize into a list, who donates what. This way, we are able to keep track of what we have already gotten & what are still missing for the project. Just my 2 cents.

Better do it while the fever is still on....
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hardware collected so far:

1 ) U K Lau(Benjamin) - 1 set of wonder gro micro and macro
    2 ) Clint(Iwishallcouldwin) - 1 DW
    3 ) Eric(Bossteck) - Surface skimmer & 4 ft PL light set
    4 ) Robert( Shadow )- 2 NTUC bags of aquaclay mixed with ADA aquasoils
    5 ) Nicholas( Wackytpt ) - a packet of new lapis sand to contribute. (think is around 10kg)
    6 ) Vincent( Vinz ) - dirty old gravel, some wood as well and rocks. And lots of accessories, fertilisers
    7 ) Justin ( ramastone ) _ spiky moss and whatever else moss, some vals nana
    8 ) lee1224 - spare 10kg pack of europet fine sand (cream colored)
    9 ) Keith (lazyMF) - piece of bogwood, the size is around 1.5ft, and another piece of driftwood around the size of 3 ft, CO2 kit with solenoid.
    10) Junglemania - couple of 2 feet tanks in my school to clear . I have also a couple of things on my side

Still missing: Heart ware aka Good, committted and knowledgeable instructors.

Guys, thanks for all the stuffs but i am also in need of good committed instructors. if not, no matter much things i can collect for them, without good instructors, nothing can be done right?

tentative date for the workshop is the saturday following 24th oct 07. 24th is the last day of the exam.
    Last edited by benny; 11th Oct 2007 at 16:39.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't be discourage, David.

I'm sure an average person who is able to start & maintain a tank for a year or two should be able to share their knowledge. Anyway, this is just a workshop to kick-off this healthy hobby among the youngsters. The rest is all dependant on themselves to learn more (eg: via AQ).

I'm sure a lot of us started with zero knowledge before we found AQ & continue on with the hobby. At least, this is true for me .
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    what does an instructor do?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome View Post
    what does an instructor do?
    firstly, to role model for the students in areas of character, discipline, commitment. that's on top of teaching them how to set up and maintain a nice, balanced and functioable eco tank. lastly, illustrate to them how they can put to use what they learn in school to every day applocation even for hobbies. hence, i really need good, committed and knowledgable trainers not for me but for the welfare of the students.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    David,

I think it'll be a good idea to state the length of commitment needed. It looks like something long term. There are those of us who can come in to conduct a lesson or two, but may not be able to visit often.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz View Post
    David,

I think it'll be a good idea to state the length of commitment needed. It looks like something long term. There are those of us who can come in to conduct a lesson or two, but may not be able to visit often.
    Vinz, i will leave this question to the teacher to answer. I have told him to register himself into his forum and he has already done so. Give him a couple of days and he will answer all revelant questions. his nick is imorginial.

Peter, you don't mind me introducing you first right?

Cheers!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Will the person in charge please contact me about the collection of the tanks, My operation manager will be in school this saturday, you can come by and collect the tanks and stuff. Please PM me your contact, and I will get back to you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi8888 View Post
    Sorry pardon my ignorance. What is 'youth at risk'? My youth at risk? or their youth at risk?
    Jeffrey, it means those boys/girls that are already giving trouble in school and may run the risk of breaking laws once they leave school. I believe this programme is to help them to stay off the streets and away from those bad influences.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Tomorrow is Saturday, the tanks need to be collected, who is in charged?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wks View Post
    Jeffrey, it means those boys/girls that are already giving trouble in school and may run the risk of breaking laws once they leave school. I believe this programme is to help them to stay off the streets and away from those bad influences.
    Thanks pal....... i understand now...
    I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I got two big pails of lapis sand if someone can collect from my house.

Must bring some container to store them, or at least 3 pails . Most importantly bring a trolley as they are heavy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle-mania View Post
    Tomorrow is Saturday, the tanks need to be collected, who is in charged?

bro, can hold the tank until the exam is over please? the boys are still having exam and the teacher is busy with external exam duties hence he cannot log on to post. As of now, i'm the offical contact since i am the thread starter. I sincerely seek your understanding with regards to the collection of the tanks.

Regards.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wks View Post
    thanks for your explanation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by neon View Post
    I got two big pails of lapis sand if someone can collect from my house.

Must bring some container to store them, or at least 3 pails . Most importantly bring a trolley as they are heavy.
    will do. but the collection can take place only after 24th oct 07. will that be okay

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast