1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    will do. but the collection can take place only after 24th oct 07. will that be okay
    No problem . Also I also have one is nisso 2x1x1 to give away.

PM me (at least one day ahead) will be the best as I might miss the thread later.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi david, do you think you guys will need some fishes? i got a hand full of bettas. i can donate them to the school. currently should have around 50 pieces to give. in 2 months time i should have another batch of 100 over to give.

cheers
    do keep me inform, before i give them away to other people.
    this thread will be having 1st pirority

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yo,

i have about 100 or maybe less of (mainly rummy nose plus assorted tetras). if you need them, i ll be glad if i can contribute to the school. please give me a call at 9388 5151. collection at tiong bahru.
    Koh

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all

I’m Peter from Montfort Secondary. Wow…what can I say? I’m truly overwhelmed and warmed by the generosity and interest generated. Your enthusiasm is also contagious. Sorry to keep all of you waiting for so long.

Let me first explain 2 things:

1. This project is an experiment towards inter-subject (interdisciplinary) learning. We hope to bring about learning incorporating Science, Design and Technology, and perhaps others along the way. Though it would not be a CCA (ECA has been changed to Co-curricular activities a few years back), we hope it would be a stepping stone towards further innovation through students.

2. We hope to engage some students (still in the midst of identifying the right ones), as some of you have already discussed. As schools are constantly looking for ways to enhance their physical environment for learning, these boys would probably be the right ones to create and maintain such facilities. Hopefully, the pride in knowing that they have contributed positively to their school will build greater esteem and confidence in them.

Do give me some time to pull things together from my end. There is currently at least one other teacher who is keen in this area. He’s a nature lover, and I understand he used to have his own fish tank. To be honest, I’m a novice ☺ and have only helped my dad in small measures in the past to maintain his marine fish tank. We may be able to start before 24th Oct…. perhaps as early as next weekend… but we’ll have to see if we can manage it first.

For those who wish to contact me, I can be reached at 94756975.

We are truly blessed.
    Last edited by benny; 11th Oct 2007 at 00:12. Reason: formating

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear all... for all those who have kindly given their intend to donate all those lovely items, do give us a some time to work out some schedule... we'll call you soon (possibly from early next week)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sure, just pm when ready to pick up
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

I have been following this thread for quite sometimes. Today, when I read this thread, I had a feeling that I never had before.

Discussing/defining what is "youth at risk". Yes, suddently I felt very sensitive to those discussion. What if "they" log on to AQ & read this (or may have already done so). What would you feel if someone is trying to help you but before they do so, they discriminate you from the rest? If I were them, I'll not even get involved with this activity to avoid me being identified as so & so.

Although "that" is the main objective, I'm sure the school would also like other "healthy" students to involve in this wonderful hobby. Just a sharing with no intention to criticize anybody.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by uklau View Post
    Hi,

I have been following this thread for quite sometimes. Today, when I read this thread, I had a feeling that I never had before.

Discussing/defining what is "youth at risk". Yes, suddently I felt very sensitive to those discussion. What if "they" log on to AQ & read this (or may have already done so). What would you feel if someone is trying to help you but before they do so, they discriminate you from the rest? If I were them, I'll not even get involved with this activity to avoid me being identified as so & so.

Although "that" is the main objective, I'm sure the school would also like other "healthy" students to involve in this wonderful hobby. Just a sharing with no intention to criticize anybody.
    ben, not to worry. the main drive of this activity is to reach to out students persay. So even if there were to log on and read this thread, i pray to God that they will see it in the correct light and not as if we are out there to persecute them.

Agape.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by uklau View Post
    Hi,

you are right
    We've yet fully put all thoughts and discussion together as yet... anyway, I personally do not favour working with only one specific group of students, as it would not provide good balance to the project... We'll definitely have a larger mix of students; from the faster learners to the more physically able ones too. Honestly, there are ongoing projects that are definitelly targeted at very specific groups. Though the students in school know who they are for, they actually do not mind being in them when they personally see the benefits through them. The difference comes from how the responsible adults provide the loving care and guidance. You see, many of them are looking good sound role models. Though we are not perfect, our sincerity does make a difference, and they would be there willingly.
    I'll not be able to reply or post much comments over the next few days due to the heavy demands of the examination...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    David,

Do you need a brand new Vista fan for this project? I bought it from NA recently but my wife complains that its noisy.

I've since downgraded to a DC fan.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear all, thanks for bearing with the lack of momentum over the last few weeks. We're still struggling to finish our exam admin work and would be able to kick start some part of this project real soon.
    The good news is that 1st fish tank has arrived. For all you donors out there, we will contact you, hopefully before the end of next week.
    Currently, we have a totally about 9 mixed abilities students enrolled. As we have yet to really sit down and work through the full details of this project, we may start off this week by first bringing some of these kids to certain fish farms on this Saturday afternoon.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Wooooo fish farm... so exciting....to bad i have training this saturday.. if not will tag along...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ohhh, how I wish I don't have to work this Saturday. Wanted to visit fish farm for ages but .......
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ahhh fish farm visiting! wish i was free saturday afternoon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Saturday morning/afternoon is a good time to go fish farms, will not be as crowded as sunday.....what about transportation?
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    all catered for. the students parents are tagging along. i'll be facilitating... Sorry i wasn't abel to post as i was super busy for the last few weeks...
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow, thats well planned david, which farms are on your list?
    Any empty seats?
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacatuoides View Post
    Wow, thats well planned david, which farms are on your list?
    Any empty seats?
    we will be heading east, pasir ris area for this weekend. maybe next week to teo's. empty seats i can't promise cos i don't drive and i don't have a car. maybe you can join next time we visit pasir ris. These farm visits will be a regular thing so don't worry.

By the way, how about coming on board the team as AI?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow, regular educational visits to fish farms....this is something that schools don't normaly teach, its great!! I stay in the east too, maybe can help out...

Sorry, whats AI?
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Aquascaping Instructor?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast