Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ----------------
    On 10/1/2002 9:09:27 AM

Yo! Allen! Saw some mixed breed snakeskin at Seng Bro yesterday, do u include them into your 20 pic collection???[]
    ----------------
    Kun, no, 20 pcs all " mixed red tuxedo ". Still looking out for the Diamond species ! damn chio !. []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

vincent, you cartoon lah, pple say $180 then you want to keep! most pple kena scared away by the price! unless you plan to breed then sell..... hhhmmmm [] chiii chiiiinggggg *cash register* []

allen: you mean you email cheng for reservations and enquiries rather then call redang bay? And as for guppies in fresh water, despite what pple say, I"ve never ever had any probs keeping these so-called-LFS-brackish-water-guppies in freshwater! I really don't think it matters much lah.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    allen: you mean you email cheng for reservations and enquiries rather then call redang bay? And as for guppies in fresh water, despite what pple say, I"ve never ever had any probs keeping these so-called-LFS-brackish-water-guppies in freshwater! I really don't think it matters much lah.
    ----------------
    HH, I usually make room reservations and return arrangement thru' the main office in KT. I know the island is " hooked up " coz' I usually email Tae Peng ( the resident dive instructor ) for additional diving arrangement eg. Speed boat transfer to Perhentain, Tengah, Pulau Pidong, Pulau Yu etc.
    Those " fresh water guppies " purchased from Seng bros. looks plenty good too !, pls update me if u come across any lobang for other species particularly " Diamond " !. Thks []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/30/2002 10:51:10 PM

jseah: where's the punggol place and halus?

Akoh: seng bros guppies are not very "pure" breeds, but very very cheap, like 60 or 80c. Sunset way used to have very nice guppies but sadly now they have gone the louhan way and have very very few guppies now and mostly not very nice and quite old (big). farmart is the only place I"ve been to that sells pure bred guppies, but really too ex unless you want to breed them. If you are like me, just like nice looking guppies, not too particular about purebreeds only particular features like uniformity of colour or fin spread I suggest scouring markets! surprisingly they have guppies with quite nice fin spreads and colours, cheap too!
    ----------------

Sorry I dunnoe abt the Puggol place but Harlus one is inside the same area where Old Ah Pek used to be.

Selling his gups at 50cts each for those normal ones.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    Understand that friends come and go,
    but with a precious few you can hold on.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

Anonymous Guest/Not Logged In
    ----------------
    On 10/2/2002 12:10:12 AM

.., pple say $180 then you want to keep! most pple kena scared away by the price! unless you plan to breed then sell..... hhhmmmm [] chiii chiiiinggggg *cash register* []

----------------
    Its just a joke. could it be $1.80 instead of $180 ?(label error ?) I can only afford feeder guppies.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Its just a joke. could it be $1.80 instead of $180 ?(label error ?) I can only afford feeder guppies.
    ----------------
    Err .. unless my eyes plays tricks on me. I think they are really that EXPENSIVE. For some strains, a single female cost $50-$90!

Those who went there before will agree with me.

Anonymous Guest/Not Logged In
    ----------------
    Err .. unless my eyes plays tricks on me. I think they are really that EXPENSIVE. For some strains, a single female cost $50-$90!
    Those who went there before will agree with me.
    ----------------
    ah, then its true. I will go see see look look and see what's the difference between those and normal guppies.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    ah, then its true. I will go see see look look and see what's the difference between those and normal guppies.
    ----------------
    I remember some of those guppies have very nice but looks like 'broken' tails. Some have very nice long tails/fins, some have very nice colours, etc. Maybe it's their genes in that strain of guppies. But if you are a guppy lover, you may drools once you see them leh...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The 'broken' tails are probably swallow guppies.

There are 2 types of long fin guppies in Singapore as I had noticed... ribbons and swallows.

A nice swallow will leave every guppy lover drooling. But only a nice swallow female will make me drool... I am a sexist in regard to guppies.
    Uniting all Guppy lovers

Guppy Club, Singapore

I think those are expensive cuz they have good breeding characteristics, like giving give linage, pure strains for generations kind of thing. but then again, there're so few shops selling such quality guppies that its hard to say what the mark up is like, maybe can get much much cheaper overseas? or if enuff pple can ask one of the farms, say Gan to bring one shipment in?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/30/2002 10:52:50 PM

oh and akoh, tell Cheng he bluff me, ask me to email him when I come back from redang last time, until now still never reply! I wonder if they have net connection on the island at all! []
    ----------------
    HH !, I'm back ! Cheng couldn't reply ur email coz' the island connection was down for some tme now, they're currently getting someone to take a look, well ! they better be fast coz' the monsoon is coming !.
    Weather was fine - Sunny , Viz was so-so but Diving was good as usual !. Saturday morning the other group of divers from Redang Bay sighted 7 metres Whale Shark in Tanjung Tokong ! man ! I missed it ! coz' I was away in Pulau Perhentain ! . Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 9/30/2002 10:52:50 PM

oh and akoh, tell Cheng he bluff me, ask me to email him when I come back from redang last time, until now still never reply! I wonder if they have net connection on the island at all! []
    ----------------
    HH !, I'm back ! Cheng couldn't reply ur email coz' the island connection was down for some tme now, they're currently getting someone to take a look, well ! they better be fast coz' the monsoon is coming !.
    Weather was fine - Sunny , Viz was so-so but Diving was good as usual !. Saturday morning the other group of divers from Redang Bay sighted 7 metres Whale Shark in Tanjung Tokong ! man ! I missed it ! coz' I was away in Pulau Perhentain ! . Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

akoh: any pics to share of your trip? sigh... really envy you lah, can dive so often!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    akoh: any pics to share of your trip? sigh... really envy you lah, can dive so often!
    ----------------
    HH, Soli no picture coz' this trip we were trying out the new Olympus 4040 Digital Camera in a U/water Housing. Pictures taken were not so good coz' not enuff light, well ! look like have to check the SEA & SEA Lighting System for DigiCam.
    ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKE HH A DULL BOY ! [] SO ! WORK ! SAVE ! AND DIVE ! [] []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

akoh: sigh.... I wish so easy, now still one yr left to graduation lah..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Ppl , oso heard that there is a FF in JB that sells various species of guppies ! anybody knows where is this FF ? Cheers ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    allen, i saw some nice guppies at a farm in lor halus. in the same lot as ah pek's, the one next to the marine farm, in the corner. they used to be a luohan farm, but the other day had about 10-over tanks of guppies.

sorry, didn't pay much attention to the prices, but looked really nice to me.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    allen, i saw some nice guppies at a farm in lor halus. in the same lot as ah pek's, the one next to the marine farm, in the corner. they used to be a luohan farm, but the other day had about 10-over tanks of guppies.

----------------
    Flor !, I'm totally lost at Lor. Halus ! [] any address ? thks.

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    gee, allen, lost ah pek's new namecard lah...

ok, from pasir ris drive 12, turn into drive 1.

end of the road, turn right into pasir ris farmway. you'll actually see farms (dogs & fish) on both sides already.

end of road, turn left, ah pek's farm is on the right just before you see a road (pasir ris coast industrial park 1) turning right.

if you "overshoot" and go into pasir ris coast industrial park 1, turn right again and go into Tropical Fish Int' - worth a visit.

anyway, ah pek's number is 6583 9339. maybe you can call and check the lot number.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I did a " Check-out " at the Farm-Mart LFS that sells those exotic guppies and I must say, they're really really beli chio ! . Can not tahan lah ! so bought some Japan Ocean Blue for my planted tank ! [].
    Oso did a check out at Jalan Kayu and Jalan Halus. Jalan Kayu - nothing ! zero guppies ! but plenty of LH, Jalan Halus ( thks flor! for the direction and address ) - Tropical got some nice species but price a bit steep lah !, Kirin oso have some, price quite reasonable ! managed to pick up some neon blue ! Well just a short update on my shopping over the weekend ! [] Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast