Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Newbie scape need help

Feedback Score

Newbie scape need help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I setup this 2ft tank about a month ago, can help to suggest how i can improve it?

I find it a bit messy and the plant on the left midground (Red melon sword?)seems to grow too big for my 2ft tank. It bascially covers up all my background plant.
    Is it recommended to have this plant for a 2 ft? It wasn't that big when i got it. I was thinking of agressively trimming it to keep it small, will it help? Or it's simply a no no plant for 2ft?

My E.Tenellus issn't very heathy now, but i guess it's the process to covert to submerge. It's throwing out running which is grow health. Should i pull out the mother plant or just wait for it to melt? It will grow healthy leaves?

Would it be better to add some red color plant to it? But i can't find any more space.

Tanks Spec:
    2ft Tank
    55W PL light on for 8hrs
    EI dosing
    Temperature 24-28
    DIY CO2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Taiwan
    Red melon sword quickly got to big for my 3 foot tank, and even trimming of the larger leaves made it not that good, so I would suggest with smaller tanks, going for plants with samller leave sizes.
    */Tank Specs*/
    50Gallon (90 X 45 X 45) Tetra Ex120, CO2 @1~2 bps, 4X30 watt @8 hrs
    29 Gallon (61X40X45cm) DIY ADA stand, Eheim 2215, Fishline 48w T5 light @8hrs
    17 Gallon Mr.Aqua (60X30X36cm) DIY ADA stand, Fishline T5 lights 48watts @7 hrs
    Tank in Progress (120X60X55cm) DIY sliding door stand, Reef style tank w/ SUMP+Eheim pump, T5- 6X54w

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, i would suggest sticking to one type of foreground plant? the transition from the hairgrass to tenellus is a bit sharp.. ;p

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by saiofsais View Post
    hey, i would suggest sticking to one type of foreground plant? the transition from the hairgrass to tenellus is a bit sharp.. ;p
    I think i'll stick to hairgrass. probably let it slowly take over the tenellus.
    But it's growing quite slow now..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tcampbell View Post
    Red melon sword quickly got to big for my 3 foot tank, and even trimming of the larger leaves made it not that good, so I would suggest with smaller tanks, going for plants with samller leave sizes.
    This was recommended to me when i get my plants from a farm. I told the person i have a new 2ft tank to plant.

Any suggestion on what plant i can put in place that doesn't goes too big?