Images
    Country
    Singapore

abt ricca

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ermm recently i bought sinking ricca from nature.. now it has grown into a patch and covered most of the mesh already.. is it time to remove it? or just leave it there?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

abt ricca

ermm recently i bought sinking ricca from nature.. now it has grown into a patch and covered most of the mesh already.. is it time to remove it? or just leave it there?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

abt ricca

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

abt ricca

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just leave it there. If you remove them from the mesh, the riccia will float.
    Or did I get your question correctly ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Its sinking riccia, it shouldn't float. Seen my fren's sinking riccia... he removed the mesh eventually after they grew out of it.

I wonder... you could probably weigh down the existing riccia with themesh when they get too tall and let them grow thru again. Just an idea.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/2/2002 7:41:17 PM

Its sinking riccia, it shouldn't float. Seen my fren's sinking riccia... he removed the mesh eventually after they grew out of it.

I wonder... you could probably weigh down the existing riccia with themesh when they get too tall and let them grow thru again. Just an idea.
    ----------------
    yeah thats possible... i do that... when my field of riccia gets overgrown and starts to float cuz the bottom rots, i throw big pieces of wire mesh over parts of the field... this thus holds the riccia down and it will eventually grow thru the mesh again and mesh will disappear!
    []
    oh one thing abt sinking riccia... if the lighting too strong they will turn back into the floating ones again... then your money wasted![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    So just lay the riccia on the substrate and put wire mesh on it?
    I have a bunch on Riccia without wire mesh and all that. How to plant them?
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes. the sinking type will changed to normal ones if too much lights are exposed. but i like to share this serendipity that i experienced.

i had a 1ft tank before with mainly riccia tied to rocks and driftwood. but when my lights blowup, i only shifted most of the riccia to my main planted, and the rocks and driftwoods (with leftover riccia tied) are left behind in the water for some weeks (so no CO2 and no light). i thought the riccia had melted and rotted (cos it kinda looked transparent) then when i finally move the rocks to my main tank with the transparent riccia still on, guess what the riccia grew. more and more(not as fast as the normal ones), but it stays kinda transparent and it dosen't float and i believe that it is the same as the ones at Chan's. so no harm trying!

just something to share.( abit long)
    Ian
    GodLike InsiDe, IdioT OuTsiDe