Images
    Country
    United Kingdom

Plant fertilizer and carbon filters

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can anybody point me in the right direction of the best plant fertilizer (liquid)... or one asumed to give the best results...

also i need info on carbon filters ... pros and cons of using in a planted aquarium....i.e will the carbon remove trace elements need for plant growth etc...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Forumers here will be able to give you a better advice if you indicate whether or not you are based in Singapore. Not all products available in Singapore are also available in UK.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Carbon filter media is not usually used for the long term in planted tank hobby.
    In practise it does absorb the nutrition within the tank and your system will be stripped of what it you add in.

However there are still times when you need a carbon media running temporarily. For instance :
    - Removing tea colour (some hates it)
    - Removing excess nutrient leach, esp when initially setting up a new aquarium with nutrient-rich substrate
    - Removing excess build up of fish waste, esp during the first few weeks of your setup (biological filter is not performing well yet).

You can also usually deal with the above problems with simple water change instead.