Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cycling tank with fish

Feedback Score

Cycling tank with fish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I've a 2ft planted tank right now and plan to do a major overhaul as in take out everything in it including livestock.

I'll be using different gravel and everything will be setup again within a few hours. What I want to know is is it okay to put my cherry shrimps back into the overhauled tank? I'll be using some old and new plants.

Feedback Score

Cycling tank with fish

I've a 2ft planted tank right now and plan to do a major overhaul as in take out everything in it including livestock.

I'll be using different gravel and everything will be setup again within a few hours. What I want to know is is it okay to put my cherry shrimps back into the overhauled tank? I'll be using some old and new plants.

Feedback Score

Cycling tank with fish

Feedback Score

Cycling tank with fish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, at least used back your age tank water. It will help in getting the tank stablilized faster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try to keep some of your old water if possible. Secondly, reuse your filter including the old filter media. Don't wash the filter media, as it will destroy some of the bacteria. At most rinse it in old tank water.

If possible, continue running the filter in the temp container that contains your livestock so that the bacteria does not suffocate from lack of oxygen.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 10/3/2002 2:08:30 PM

Try to keep some of your old water if possible. Secondly, reuse your filter including the old filter media. Don't wash the filter media, as it will destroy some of the bacteria. At most rinse it in old tank water.

If possible, continue running the filter in the temp container that contains your livestock so that the bacteria does not suffocate from lack of oxygen.
    ----------------
    good advice, thanx guys!

Feedback Score
    Forgot to ask, so it's okay to put the livestock back immediately? No need to cycle the tank again?

Cos I'm planning to scrub down the tank.