2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    a fast hand fast leg bro bought all the available KNO3 from C328 already. I was there at about 1130am, but there was only Potassium Sulphate and Calcium Sulphate left Polyart also told me that earlier on someone was at their place asking about KNO3...so i guess whoever it was snapped up everything to keep for future use
    wah i post yesterday in AQ and AF, today all gone?!
    really fast hand fast leg.
    Cheers,
    Melvin Lim

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    o..no... I'm too late
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by mordrake View Post
    wah i post yesterday in AQ and AF, today all gone?!
    really fast hand fast leg.
    Think I know who is the fast hand fast leg one.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    Think I know who is the fast hand fast leg one.
    Maybe he will sell it here later....

Just bought 2 bag of 1kg pack KNO3 at Y618. Still some 1/2 kg pack left there.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey, does anyone know if it's legal to own KNO3? I.e. we buy from malaysia and bring back the legal amount without selling it? I believe it's similar to bubblegum right? You can eat it but not sell it.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i think its control the sale of a restricted substance kind of thing.
    if someone can have a license to sell then it should not be illegal to own.
    as for bringing from across the causeway, i dont think they have got their act to coordinate with all the authorities yet.
    so look out for a new rule on that soon...
    celticfish
    It is a good day to die!!!
    I finally uploaded an avatar and Cupid is dead!!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks like i'm going overseas =)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I went and did some calculations in terms of cost of using Lushgro Aqua over KNO3 and the results are reassuring. It seems that annual cost increase for using Lushgro over KNO3 is not so high, because Seachem Equilibrium won't be needed when using Lushgro.

Based on my 4ft tank, 1kg of KNO3 and 1 bottle of Equilibrium will last me perhaps about 7-8 months (based on current actual usage) while a bottle of 1 litre Lushgro Aqua will last me 22 weeks (about 5 months). The KNO3 + Equilibrium in the quantities stated above will cost me $6 more than the Aqua, so i think multiplied over a year, the Aqua will cost me less than $10 more per year. This is taking the cost of KH2PO4 as a constant of course, since it has to be dosed for both KNO3 and Lushgro methods.

This calculation is made assuming that the recommended dosage of Lushgro will be sufficient for EI purposes. If i have to overdose Lushgro over and above the recommended dosage then cost of course will increase. Anyonee have experience on this? will the recommended dosage of Lushgro equal the ppm addition using dry ferts?

if so, the ban doesn't really affect us as much as originally feared.

P.S. i haven't done the math yet for Wondergro yet due to its phosphate being included in the macro liquid thus not needing KH2PO4 dosing even when using their Macro+, but i'm pretty sure taking that into account, the Wondergro cost increase will be minimal as well

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by XnSdVd View Post
    Hey, does anyone know if it's legal to own KNO3? I.e. we buy from malaysia and bring back the legal amount without selling it? I believe it's similar to bubblegum right? You can eat it but not sell it.
    How much do you plan to carry? 1kg or 10 kg? I don't think you can get through the custom carrying huge amount of it . Better spend few more bucks than being suspected making a bomb .
    Last edited by uklau; 22nd Oct 2007 at 16:02.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys, I just popped by Crawford Lane and found a few 1kg bottles of LushGro KNO3 still available at the "Hydroponics" mama shop. Price still the same.
    Yours Truly, Avan

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

~ Henry David Thoreau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I just used the Excel calculator for Lushgro, and i've found that using the recommended dosage of Lushgro only adds 1/3 the recommended ppm for EI dosing, so costs have just tripled and it's definitely not worth it if i have to dose triple each time

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by uklau View Post
    How much do you plan to carry? 1kg or 10 kg? I don't think you can get through the custom carrying huge amount of it . Better spend few more bucks than being suspected making a bomb .
    Bro,

Looks like your wounder Gro is in business..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, Wonder-Gro had been in business since May 2007. Although it is new to SG market, I'm happy with the feedbacks as many hobbyists had benefited from it .

Stay tune for the arrival of new packaging.... 1L & 5L of Macro+ & Micro+ liquids & super size bottle of Root+ (125 tabs) . Wonder-Gro becomes much more affordable with the super size packaging as the cost per unit is even lower, a great deal for those who use substantial amount of aquarium fertilizer.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    any price info?
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    Hummm................so.............why has not Gasoline on that list of ingredients then?

Highly explosive, same with propane, we can travel real fast with a tanker full, makes a really good bomb, often used for arson, can be pressurized to make a really nasty knock an entire block out type of explosion............but............it's legal..............totally unregulated, this is true everywhere......

Logic and common sense evades the legal process.
    You just do not make everything illegal and regulated in response to this.

Funny, here in the USA, they regulate this stuff to some degree and get really funny about KNO3, yet they do not regulate guns hardly at all, due to the pro gun lobby.

I've lost far more due to car accidents, guns than ever with a bomb.
    Scare of guns and cars more than any bomb maker.

If you buy larger amounts, say 25Kg, they do get you to sign a wavier, but that's just for a trace really, it will not ever stop someone bent on making and using a bomb for the wrong reasons. All the laws in the world will not stop that nor make you safer. That's not a pipe bomb, that's a pipe dream.

Don't be fooled.

You might consider selling aquarium fertilizer labeled wonder grow(hint, really just dry KNO3), as long as it's labeled for A NON EXPLOSIVE USE, they might not care. Often that is the case, what it's labeled for is quite different then.

If I sell chemicals, or fertilizer, or things for the aquarium hobby, I have different rules.

you may as well.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    welll said but this is Singapore
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I find it strange too, considering a large percentage of the male population are demolitions trained. And we never used KNO3 to make our bombs in camp... It's usually petrol or kerosine... Though, i can't help but wonder if it might be a good opportunity to ban combustible fuels and force people to switch to electric cars and solar power

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah that would save the world from green house effect.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Potassium nitrate is used to make black powder bomb, basically firecracker stuff. You would need alot of it just to make a substantial explosion, if the purpose of KNO3 is the potassium, i think any potassium compound would do, people don't really like nitrates in the tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I use KNO3 for nitrate, not potassium. Potassium sulphate (K2SO4) for potassium (K). Potassium Phosphate for Phosphorous. Macronutrients are important to plant growth and they consist primarily of Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium. (N-P-K). The time tested Tom Barr's Estimative Index is to ensure N/P are not limited so as to prevent stunt plant growth. With healthy plants, algae is avoided. Hence, nitrate is important in planted tank and most folks here need nitrate and thats why concerns are expressed in this thread.
    Maurice Cheong
    A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast