Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

breeding candidi

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    after the 1st attempt, which failed, now my candidi has a second batch of eggs. the female is guarding a small flowerpot and chasing the male around. interesting change of behaviour as just last week the male was chasing the female around. anyway, anything to look out for at this stage?
    actually i'm quite worried about the filter being too strong. i have a internal power filter and a sponge filter. if the fries become free swimming, will the power filter be too strong for them?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

breeding candidi

after the 1st attempt, which failed, now my candidi has a second batch of eggs. the female is guarding a small flowerpot and chasing the male around. interesting change of behaviour as just last week the male was chasing the female around. anyway, anything to look out for at this stage?
    actually i'm quite worried about the filter being too strong. i have a internal power filter and a sponge filter. if the fries become free swimming, will the power filter be too strong for them?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

breeding candidi

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

breeding candidi

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sometimes, they jus need alittle experience... i suggest u use a airpump

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok. will remove the power filter.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

Sorry to interupt yr post..

But will a rain bar help in this case ?
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the power filter is already fitted with a rain bar. but feel that the current is still too strong.

Feedback Score
    Hmmmmmm then use a sponge filter. My sifu bene said its good as it induces more benificial bacteria for the fries. If im not wrong.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dun need a filter, actually if its planted u dun even need a airpump.. its jus that when they spawned, the additional O2 benefits the female..

beneficial bacteria can reside in yr gravel too

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    mine isn't really a planted tank. there's just some java moss. apart from that, there's just driftwood and flowerpots and gravel. anyway there's actually 2 filters in the tank now. 1 sponge and 1 internal. thinking of removing the internal since the current is quite strong.

btw, can anybody experienced in hatching brine shrimp tell me how to separate the shells, the unhatched eggs and the bbs? i've been reading articles on the internet but never got to understand what they actually mean.
    i've liquidfry food with me right now. the manual states that it helps to cultivate infurosia. so do fries eat the fry food or the infurosia? getting a bit confused here. anywhere to get nobilfry (i remember seeing this at a shop but forgotten which one) food or other better options?

thanks.

update: almost forgot. looks like the female really hates the male. she's coming out of the cave just to chase the male. and rather viciously i can say. male is suffering from some fin tearing already. should i take him out?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if u can, feed yr fry with live food rather than liquid... provided u have the time.. as for the female and male, other than the pair, is there other fishes in there? if not, the female will see the male as the threat, generally in a community tank, the male will assist the female and guard the outer boundaries of their terrority or near to her.. if no other fishes, then she will guard the fry even from the father. injuries occured during is period can be fatal to the male

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    there's no other fish in the tank. should i get the male out? don't really want to lose a fish just like that. but will the female get insecure bcos of that? heard cases on the net that results in this.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    btw wad is a candidi?
    To The World You May Be 1 Person
    But To 1 Person You May Be The World!
    Pacific_Flame

Feedback Score
    saw it in discovery channel (or was it animal planet) that the body of the parents will secrete a kind of mucus which the fry can feed on.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    mercury, most happen with discus.. in apistogramma, they dun

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/5/2002 2:16:17 PM

----------------
    Interested to know how soon will the eggs develop to fry since you start noticing the female guarding the cave?
    What colour are the eggs?
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bad news... i don't know what happened last night or this morning. but the female has abandoned the 'cave'. the chasing part is reversed again. the male now chases the female around. and worst thing is the eggs are no longer in the 'cave'. but something to console me is i found 2 fries still with the egg sacs under the driftwood a distance away from the 'cave'. now, from what i see, the male is supposedly taking care of them. weird behaviour huh?
    so what should i do next? there's quite many unfertilised (white) eggs around the area. so i guess the pair is still inexperienced? any pple bred candidi b4? i read from the net that they need low pH like below 5. my pH is around 6.

juggler: it took from friday to today (monday) for the fries to hatch and become wrigglers. dunno how long it will take to become free swimming. fertilised eggs are pink and unfertilised are white.