Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Whats the most number of fish i can keep?

Feedback Score

Whats the most number of fish i can keep?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hie,just wondering before i start buying fish for my 60cm by 30cm by 40 cm planted tank. Was thinking of keeping 8 rummy nose,8 neons, 6 black neons, 3 corys and 2 ottos,2 honey gouramis and 1 balloon ram. do you think i am nuts or is that an ok number of fish?

haha

because i intend to move the fishes from the old tank into the new tank and was thinking of adding rummy nose tetras to the range of fishes in there. currently my tank has no fishes but i have about 90++ malayan shrimp.

tank is running on a rena iv2 filter...
    hope the information given is enough for you guys to judge my sanity.

[]

Feedback Score

Hie,just wondering before i start buying fish for my 60cm by 30cm by 40 cm planted tank. Was thinking of keeping 8 rummy nose,8 neons, 6 black neons, 3 corys and 2 ottos,2 honey gouramis and 1 balloon ram. do you think i am nuts or is that an ok number of fish?

haha

because i intend to move the fishes from the old tank into the new tank and was thinking of adding rummy nose tetras to the range of fishes in there. currently my tank has no fishes but i have about 90++ malayan shrimp.

[]

Feedback Score

haha

[]

Feedback Score

haha

[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    a bit crowded, but still doable
    try to do more water changes, will keep the water in good shape

Feedback Score
    Hey Sean,

Just my opinion. Get another Ram. Get 2 corys, whichever u like. And get 10 or as many as u like. Don overload. Im sure u`ll like the simplicity and colour in yr tank !!.

Imagine a big school or rummy, so sui !!

Just my 5cents. U can keep the 40cents..
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    wow! isn't 90++ malayan shrimps in a 2ft tank alot?

Feedback Score
    i don't know,i got them free...haha...they seem to be doing a gd job of keeping algae away..[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/5/2002 6:57:32 PM

haha

[]

----------------
    I have almost the same number of fishes as with you in my 1 ft 3 in tank... and they're surviving well.... just as long as you maintain the water condition well... they should do fine.
    But about the shrimps... mebbe you want to reduce the number to about 40 - 50....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Feedback Score
    How do you maintain the water condition well?

Feedback Score
    have adequete filtration,regular water changes and dun over feed i guess...plus try not to overstock the tank..which is what i am worried i might be doing...[]