Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hello

Hello

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Looking forward to other's help with questions about our hobby...your help would be greatly appreciated....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Welcome to the forum!

Maybe you would like to share more about yourself and the hobby.

Cheers
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

I am a senior citizen who has been retired for a dozen years...Tropical fish has been my hobby since I was a child...in those days the fish and plants came from local hatcheries and plant growers...water was not a concern...you set up a tank, only one type of gravel was available..You would then sit back, and experience lush plant growth and fish breeding freely...the only thing you had to worry about was protecting the young from being eaten...

Today is a whole new ballgame....I long for the days of lush plant growth and healthy fish...

I am not experimenting with co2 injection hoping to see lush plant growth..Of course I have questions and hope to find anwers on this website...Thanks for the welcome....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just being curious,

I love to see pictures of your old tank.

You are right as nowadays we are spoil for choice in this hobby.

There are so much variety to choose from.
    Nicholas

That was over 50 years ago..wish I had pictures..

My father owned a Florist shop with greenhouses....I had ideal locations to set up a tank...also, I was lucky enough to obtain home made tanks, some as large as 75 gallons..large for those days....I set up tanks throughout the store and they served as an attraction for the customers..

I had a beta tank with petitions...I separated them with glass petitions..one clear, the other black....when the store was crowed I would pull the black petitition to display the fish in all their beauty...one day after I had done this and left the area, a youngster was watching..after I left he then lifted all the glass petitions and goodbye betas....

Today, I still enjoy the hobby...however, things today are more fustrating...as I indicated, CO2 in one of them...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I eager await to see your setup
    Nicholas

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi walter,

Welcome to AQ!!

Glad to see that you are still in the hobby after all these years. We see a lot of hobbyists dropping out after a while for other more instant gratifying hobbies.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?