Country
    Singapore

New Planted Tank Help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

Setting up my new and 1st planted tank. Have a few questions to ask due to my ignorance.

1. Is a dolphin light adequate for a 2ft tank (if not will be putting 2 instead and roughly how many hours do I need to leave it turned on for a normal 2ft tank.

2. What kind of brand of fertilizer do I need to use for the tank? Is normal nursery fertiliser adequate or do I need to get them from fish shops? How much fertiliser is enough?

3. Do i use sand or gravel for the base and how much is enough?

4. Have looked through the forums and would like to know if CO2 is actually required for a normal 2ft tank?

Hope you guys could provide me with details such as this as well as what kind of plants I should be starting out with to gain some encouragement. How long do you guys gather it would be before I would start seeing results?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New Planted Tank Help

Hi guys,

Setting up my new and 1st planted tank. Have a few questions to ask due to my ignorance.

1. Is a dolphin light adequate for a 2ft tank (if not will be putting 2 instead and roughly how many hours do I need to leave it turned on for a normal 2ft tank.

2. What kind of brand of fertilizer do I need to use for the tank? Is normal nursery fertiliser adequate or do I need to get them from fish shops? How much fertiliser is enough?

4. Have looked through the forums and would like to know if CO2 is actually required for a normal 2ft tank?

Hope you guys could provide me with details such as this as well as what kind of plants I should be starting out with to gain some encouragement. How long do you guys gather it would be before I would start seeing results?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New Planted Tank Help

Hi guys,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

New Planted Tank Help

Hi guys,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    first of all, u need to tell us, how many watts is yr present light? the number of lights oso depends on the choice of plants u want

i recommend the use of JBL base fert. u can do yr gravel and base fert calculation at Dennerle

u can use those lapis sand or wat we call lonestar, cost ard $20 for a 22.5kg pack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    as for lighting
    dolphin is wat kind of lighting? i presume it's the brand
    if it's fluorescent, i suggest getting 4 tubes, it'll do most plants
    if it's PL, i think it should be enough for moderately light demanding plants

base fert
    nursery soil should do admirably
    there're many people using garden soil etc and they're all doing fine
    as for depth
    i suggest 2/3 of total gravel height
    confirm good for ur plants
    just have to take a little care when replanting tho so you don't pull up the fert