Country
    United_States

My guppies are too fat...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hmm...
    3 of my guppies seems to be fat. 2 of them are very fat. I think they have eggs. It's been about 1months now since they were like that. Bottom of their tails are black. Do they lay eggs? If so, when will it be? I heard about 30days... but, not sure. Already setup guppy breeder for babies. I don't want to put them when it's not the time. It might give them stress Any help~?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Assuming you are not overfeed , guppy is livebearer, they did not lay egg. Put lots of floating plants or anything that can be used for the frys to hide, otherwise the parent will eat it.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yes, put a lot plants for the frys to hide, my tank just got 20+ frys

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nice good luck with the frys! i think you should seperate the small frys out, which is what i do most of the time with my live-bearers like mollies and platies.. ensure better rate of survival... but if you leave it in the tank its fine too like what shadow said..must have alot of plants for the frys to hide

make sure your inlet filter is covered too, else the frys might get sucked up

Congrats and just my 2 cents worth ! Cheers
    I love my fishes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by go9ma123 View Post
    hmm...
    3 of my guppies seems to be fat. 2 of them are very fat. I think they have eggs. It's been about 1months now since they were like that. Bottom of their tails are black. Do they lay eggs? If so, when will it be? I heard about 30days... but, not sure. Already setup guppy breeder for babies. I don't want to put them when it's not the time. It might give them stress Any help~?
    non-colorful will be female guppies.
    once a female guppies is "hit" it will dropped within 25-30 days, and will dropped 4 cycle within per "hits"
    if monitor correctly, the bottom of the female will be "Flat" and ready to drop.
    If sudden changes in water parameter or transfer of tank, it will drop due to STRESS.
    guppy breeder traps will actually stress the female, just add alot of water plants
    best is to have access tubifex worm around so it wont ate the just dropped fries

CHeers..