Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Me? Hehehe... yeah, looking around, finding out the options.

But Robert, at $1200, isn't that the cost of the 400D body itself? Unless you are talking about 2nd hand ones...

Edit: Oh didn't realise the price has come down, at $1200 you can get 400D kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
    Last edited by Quixotic; 19th Nov 2007 at 11:11. Reason: Added addtional information

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Personally i use both manual and auto focusing (80% manual and 20% auto) when using the 105VR on my D80. It's much easier on manual than auto.

On the twin flash, can someone enlighten me on that?
    I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Me? Hehehe... yeah, looking around, finding out the options.

But Robert, at $1200, isn't that the cost of the 400D body itself? Unless you are talking about 2nd hand ones...

Edit: Oh didn't realise the price has come down, at $1200 you can get 400D kit with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
    S$1200 is brand new with a kit lens (forgot the exact kit lense model), found it at Funan shop just beside Ajisen ramen. Other shop is also about the same price $1249 with more goodies (2x2gb CF). so more or less the same price.

Maybe price drop to anticipate 450D

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi8888 View Post
    Personally i use both manual and auto focusing (80% manual and 20% auto) when using the 105VR on my D80. It's much easier on manual than auto.

Yes please, Thinking to get flash as well, but that after decided which camera to buy
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I use auto focusing on the 105 macro VR and manual if necessary. The good thing is that it has a M/A mode that you can switch from auto to manual by just grabbing the focusing ring and turning it. Gives a great deal of flexibility. However, as in all macro lens, AF on this lens usually means some searching before the lens is able to focus properly.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just wondering will you be able to Auto focus to some object inside the tank? I can't do this with compact camera, one of the reason I want to buy DSLR, manual focus.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Yeah, auto focus is ok on macro lens. They can focus on things that are both inside and outside the tank. The problem is sometimes it's a bit slower because of the frequent searching that's all.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by luenny View Post
    User group for Nikon and Canon? I don't even know such things exists? A usergroup would be nice but I wouldn't want to join if it's all talk about how great Nikon is and stuff like that. To me, I use Nikon because I like the way it feels and I like certain things about it like the reliability etc. I'm not going to preach what other people should use. Let's respect other people for their choices ok. If the usergroup is about exchanging shooting information, then count me in. But then, why should we limit to the brand if the aim is to make ourselves better photographers?
    luenny,

For us, the users group should serve to exchange tips on equipment selection (NOT brand choices), settings and setups. For brand wars and folks seeking self justification for their brand choices, we refer them to clubsnap.

Over here, we are self funded and do not have the luxury of advertising revenue, so bandwidth is precious. We won't waste it on mindless dicussions that do not value add to the community.

Anyway, these groups are just informal members getting together for chit chat. We hope to open up a group where members can opt in or out themselves. Still working on it.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi8888 View Post

Maybe this?

http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem....829-1f18c11626

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    oohhh.. the R1... ya... i am thinking about it.. first, i am waiting for the 24-70 to come out.. really need that lens
    I am into Plecos now...
    L46, L173, L134 & L236
    ~~Jeffrey~~

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    luenny,

For us, the users group should serve to exchange tips on equipment selection (NOT brand choices), settings and setups. For brand wars and folks seeking self justification for their brand choices, we refer them to clubsnap.

Over here, we are self funded and do not have the luxury of advertising revenue, so bandwidth is precious. We won't waste it on mindless dicussions that do not value add to the community.

Anyway, these groups are just informal members getting together for chit chat. We hope to open up a group where members can opt in or out themselves. Still working on it.

Cheers,
    Hi Benny,
    That's the thing that I'm trying to avoid. I think it's mindless too.

Ok then it'll be good to have a user group as long as it's not about branding. But I still don't see why we should separate it to Nikon users and Canon users etc. If it's not about brand wars, can't we just have 1 larger user group? That way, people who doesn't use either Canon or Nikon can also join.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe there are some tips that apply only to canon or nikon? Tweaking that only apply to one specific brand. If that the case then it would be good to seperate, or maybe add another general user group
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe one of the reason could be the support that particular group can provide. But I supposed if that is the case, if there is just one usergroup, it will come up as the same thing. Having brand usergroup and improve bonding and cohension among the users? it is also less confusing for different user base to help the user. Imagine having to sieve through all the questions if both users are combined together

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Benny,
    That's the thing that I'm trying to avoid. I think it's mindless too.

Ok then it'll be good to have a user group as long as it's not about branding. But I still don't see why we should separate it to Nikon users and Canon users etc. If it's not about brand wars, can't we just have 1 larger user group? That way, people who doesn't use either Canon or Nikon can also join.
    I'm glad we think along the same lines.

The user group is to allow us to go straight to the settings and give specific help. The different group will still share the same techniques, but settings will differ. For example, in a Canon group, in the event that some one saw a spawning behaviour and need to grab some shots within the next few hours, that's when the benefit of the brand specific user group will come it. I have given step by step instructions over the phone before and it works. That's only possible because I'm familar with the Canon interface.

To be honest, this user group will benefit new users a lot more as they struggle with the menus to get the correct settings. But once they learn the ropes, the group will cease to serve it's purpose. Then the wider group discussing techniques and critique of pictures will be more relevant.

Perhaps we should just lump all into a Aquatic Photography Group and have a few Canon/Nikon leaders with a few senior users.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wish i could be an aquatic photographer too...but my hands shake too much =(

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    wish i could be an aquatic photographer too...but my hands shake too much =(
    It doesn't matter. With the right setup, you'll still get sharp pictures everytime.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Cool! I'm up for the idea of having an Aquatic Photography Group with a few seniors for each brand (Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc). Best part about this is we can organize trips to go take photos. Hahaha!!

So, who's using which camera? I'm using Nikon D200. (Any D300 or D3 users here yet?? )
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool! I'm up for the idea of having an Aquatic Photography Group with a few seniors for each brand (Nikon, Canon, Sony, etc). Best part about this is we can organize trips to go take photos. Hahaha!!

So, who's using which camera? I'm using Nikon D200. (Any D300 or D3 users here yet?? )
    D70s
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    It doesn't matter. With the right setup, you'll still get sharp pictures everytime.

Cheers,
    wow really? so far every picture i take is blurred to some extent or other, and i don't really want to have to lug a tripod around for every shoot guess it's time to start saving up!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do you use compact camera? if so, it maybe because your camera unable to focus inside the tank. Those happen with my compact camera (Fuji F11). It is always auto focus to the front glass instead of what inside the tank.

If your hand shaking then you might want to take photo with higher ISO.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    luenny,
    can I join?am using fuji s6500fd. prosumer camera.
    no budget for dslr.
    richard
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
    http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast