Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ways to improve the colour of my betta splendens

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey everyone..does anyone of you know how to improve the colour of betta splendens

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    uh... you can always feed them the red dye #40 that is in some of the betta food... Yuck!
    For my bettas, feeding them live food and keeping their water clean keeps their colors bright. feeding freeze-died shrimp supposably enhances the red coloration. As always, a healthy, happy, confident fish will show brighter colors than a scared, sickly fish will. Placing a mirror near a part of their tank could give them more confidence so that they will strut their stuff. Don't leave the mirror there for a long period of time, I usually keep the mirror there for less than five minutes. I've heard that you can keep betta tanks side-by-side, but of course each fish will react differently so that may cause stress for some fish. I'm assuming your fish isn't white- in that case- good luck!
    Hope that helps!
    Breeding golden snakeskin guppies

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    keep them with black water or ketapang leaves.
    Henry aka joopsg
    Current tank: 1 4 tier 3ft fish rack
    Livestock: WC Ivanacara Adoketa, WC Apistogramma Kelleri 'Red Cheeks', A , WC Apistogramma Mendezi, WC Apistogramma Cruziero, WC Apistogramma Elizabethae and WC Biotoecus Operularis.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    ah yes- forgot about ketapang leaves! They are said to be the best thing for bettas- I have never tried them as the LFS have no clue what they are...
    Breeding golden snakeskin guppies