Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chyrl's cycling trip to fish farms - 15 Dec 07!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    That's awful!
    Get well soon, David.
    There's always another ride
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?
    Live each moment like its the last

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_sg View Post
    That's awful!
    Get well soon, David.
    There's always another ride

i'll arrange the next one.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chryl,
    very good of you to organise the cycling trip. Wish I could come along, but I don't think my legs are up to it yet as I have not gone on a long trip before. Only trip I do now is to the food stalls and MRT station. But I will start training and will join you guys during the next trip. Cheapo mountain bike can? Better ones always get stolen.

David, get well soon.
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2
    http://www.trident.smugmug.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by trident View Post
    Chryl,
    very good of you to organise the cycling trip. Wish I could come along, but I don't think my legs are up to it yet as I have not gone on a long trip before. Only trip I do now is to the food stalls and MRT station. But I will start training and will join you guys during the next trip. Cheapo mountain bike can? Better ones always get stolen.

David, get well soon.
    Its just an hour ride, David
    Don't worry about the speed as long as you are confident riding on the roads.
    I am slow and safety comes first.
    Cheapo bike or a 10K bike is not the issue here. All we want is to have some fun riding to the farms and have some makan after that to spend a good weekend.
    I've only rode twice in 5 months! You can't beat that.

Think it over, and come join us if you are keen.
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Chryl... think trident is aka richard... not david..

Anyway richard... think about it la... i don't think its going to be anything too physical... don't worry.. got goondoo joining us..so cannot go fast one... Muahahaha!!! lol!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Wah, cycling farm trip. Sounds nice, but I don't think I'll be able to make it being this shape that I am now. Can't even carry my camera and tripod for longer than 30 minutes without resting. Maybe next time if Richard is going then I can join. And Richard and myself can be the last two at the back.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chyrl, Justin,
    Thanks for the assurance but I also happen to be working that day (15 Dec 07) so I really have to give it a miss. But I promise I'll go on the next trip, which David has so kindly volunteered to organize.
    I cycle daily to the MRT Station and on weekends, short trip around my estate visiting LFS, TOTO stall and food stalls.
    Luenny, I think we can both start preparing for the next trip. With a target it's easier to get motivated.
    Richard
    Canon 20D 100mm Macro EF-S 18-55mm EF-S 55-250mm EF-400mm f5.6 Speedlite 550EX 2x420EX ST-E2

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Richard, Luenny,

No problems for missing this one. Hopefully we could organize another one when weather permits. (Rainy season)

The ride ISN'T really as 'intimidating' as it sounds. haha.. Don't know why you guys make it sound like you're going for some ironman race or something. I bet its just as physically demanding as water-changing for your fish tankssssss with buckets.

Anyways, those who are already on the list, let's all pray for dry weather on the 15th Dec!
    Wet weather cancels the trip.

Where to?: Pasir Ris Farms

Date: 15th December SATURDAY
    Time: 8.30am (Eat prata then start pedaling!)
    Meeting/Starting point: Casuarina Road Prata Shop (Upper Thomson District - Google Map here)

Note: Helmet is a must for this trip please. Traffic rules must be observed at all times. We're going to ride on the road, not walkway/pedestrian walks. No Helmets? Its your choice.

Those who are interested, please ADD your name to the list Come join us for the fun!!

S/N) Name a.k.a. AQ-nickname (where do you stay?)
    1) Chyrl a.k.a cs_sg (YCK)
    2) Justin a.k.a Ranmasatome (Central)
    3) Billy a.k.a Goondoo (YCK)
    4) jinhui a.k.a planted86 (woodlands)
    5)
    6)
    7)

9)
    10)
    Last edited by cs_sg; 6th Dec 2007 at 13:59.
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    i'll arrange the next one.

Perhaps, one of the guys can take photos and let the rest of us drool, cause we miss out on the outing

3 thumbs UPZ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Yeah.. you guys shouldn't worry about cycling being too physically demanding... people always think " WAH!!! you cycle to pasir rish ah!!!!" but the truth is.. singapore is small... try cycling from one city to another in a big country like canada and you will know the difference....moreover, most cycling trips to fish farms the aim is not..cycle how fast... i dont even know if the aim is to cycle...
    perhaps choose to look at it as the aim is to go to fish farms... but we use bicycle as a mode of transport.. thats all...
    Hope you guys can join the next one... i probably wont be around liao cos going back to jeepun (japan) quite soon..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome View Post
    Chryl... think trident is aka richard... not david..

Anyway richard... think about it la... i don't think its going to be anything too physical... don't worry.. got goondoo joining us..so cannot go fast one... Muahahaha!!! lol!!
    Super Poor eyesights, getting old...Richard's signature is smaller than David's. haha
    ~Chyrl~

向来如此便是对吗?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    True, I did a round-the-island ride with my friend not very long ago. The only pain I had during and after the 150km trip was on the butts.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome View Post
    Yeah.. you guys shouldn't worry about cycling being too physically demanding... people always think " WAH!!! you cycle to pasir rish ah!!!!" but the truth is.. singapore is small... try cycling from one city to another in a big country like canada and you will know the difference....moreover, most cycling trips to fish farms the aim is not..cycle how fast... i dont even know if the aim is to cycle...
    perhaps choose to look at it as the aim is to go to fish farms... but we use bicycle as a mode of transport.. thats all...
    Hope you guys can join the next one... i probably wont be around liao cos going back to jeepun (japan) quite soon..
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_sg View Post
    Richard, Luenny,
    The ride ISN'T really as 'intimidating' as it sounds. haha.. Don't know why you guys make it sound like you're going for some ironman race or something. I bet its just as physically demanding as water-changing for your fish tankssssss with buckets.
    Hahaha, I don't think Richard does water-changing for his fish tanks with buckets and neither do I. We use hose.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am much relieved to hear all the good stuff, especially about Billy's round island trip. I think I can live with a sore butt.

Chyrl, think you want to borrow my reading glasses?

Justin, maybe can get David to organized it before you leave for Japan.
    Richard

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    not really possible... because i leave in about 2weeks after this trip... no point going to fish farm so often..unless you guys go to LCK??? hahaha..

anyway... i'm fine whenever, i try to cycle daily anway..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hey.. is the trip still on??

btw is it normal that when i wear my helmet i can feel a little tight at the side of the head??

i ask the bike shop uncle, he say its normal and the helmet will expand to fit the head... is it true??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wah ...
    didn't see this thread till now..
    too bad I won't be in town this weekend..
    if not maybe can join the ride.. so long never cycle liao,.,. bike already 2 yrs in storeroom never see sunlight liao...
    hopefully I can go for the next one in future..
    think the weather is not very good for cycling though...
    Be safe guys ..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Planted86... NO!! its not true!! its freakin made of styrofoam... exapnd what?? get one that fits properly or you'll always be riding with a painful head and then that can develop into a headache..and its just horrible...
    i had a helmet like taht once before... never again i tell you.. never again.
    Blooy bike shop people don't know what they talking...want to sell product only... funny how that parallels most fish shop owners no??haha..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    WHAT THE!! argggghhhh.... will go change the helmet tomorrow!! got cheated.... damn that bike store...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    lol... just tell them you don't like the feeling loh.... then get the next size up.
    Actually bike helmets have to be snug in nature...but not too snug... its hard to explain what is snug by typing...must be there to see..just as long as the helmet is not pressing into your head... if it is the foam that is making it "tight" then it is okay... but if it is the styrofoam from the helmet itself that is pressing on your head..then change one.
    You can try by taking out all the foam padding from the helmet and see if it still fits your head... usually my helmets have lots of loose space without the foam and is really not secure at all.. then when i put in the foam.. it becomes "snug".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast