Images
    Country
    Singapore

SAE or CAE?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have heard about this two kinds of algae eater. The SAE and the CAE (Chinese Algae eater). Which one is better? I already keep the SAE but thinking of changing it to CAE if possible. I read from the web that the CAE will becomes aggressive when it mature. It also can grow to a size of 27cm. Wah, so big! Anyone keeping this fish with no aggressive problem even if it reach the adult size?
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

SAE or CAE?

I have heard about this two kinds of algae eater. The SAE and the CAE (Chinese Algae eater). Which one is better? I already keep the SAE but thinking of changing it to CAE if possible. I read from the web that the CAE will becomes aggressive when it mature. It also can grow to a size of 27cm. Wah, so big! Anyone keeping this fish with no aggressive problem even if it reach the adult size?
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

SAE or CAE?

Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

SAE or CAE?

Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    SAE will be better off, but if u have a choice avoid using them too, they tend to laze ard after getting used to commerical food.. and they grow to a hugh size too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    IME, if not overfed, SAE's will still graze on available algae. Can get to 6 inches, but rarely in captivity.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    vinz, wld u like to see mine

Feedback Score
    buy SAE or better still buy otos cos they are more hardworking. However, otos are more sensitive to bad water condition. one of mine died cos i havve no time to change water for a week. U see, i got alot of fishes in a 2ft tank. so need to change water often.

You can get from almost all LFS which also sell small fishes rather than the notorious LHs. West side, I reccomend ben's at tiong bahru. East side you can try pet provision or bedok north market 85. North side not very sure. Price will be abt $0.80-$1 for SAE and $1.50-$2 for one oto. If anyone got cheaper lobang, pls reccomend cos I need to replace my otos. Anyone want my SAE? I'm willing to trade with oto or give away. mine is abt 2.5-3cm. I heard they'll grow big. If not, I'll have to put together with tarpon when they are bigger.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Simon, cause they are darn huge or cos they are fat and lazy? I'm hoping mine will get that big... but at the rate they are being fed, I doubt it.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    usually i associate laziness to SAE when they r well fed by commerical food, if for any case, yr SAE stay away from commerical food and graze algae only.. then prolly they will never grow to that size.. but I have yet seen or come across a SAE that does that.. except for really small ones

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    sae really grow when fed with commercial food.
    in just 1+ months, they grew almost 1/2".
    and they bully their way to get food.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sometimes my Oto or CAE developed a taste for the slime on the discus. And the discus really hates them sucking off their backs. In this cases, it was easier for me to fish out the slower Otos. The CAE -- I didn't manage to catch it until it died somehow.

SAE - can keep one or two in the tank. Not too much. They grow big and slow down on their algae grazing. I think a tank can do without the SAE unless you get BBA.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Humm...seem like I can still keep my SAE. It is prefered as compare to CAE. Anyway, my SAE is already about 4 inches long and it does seem to feed on my Java moss. Anyone has to same problem with this SAE? Thanks.
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My SAE has feed on my Java Moss as well as Rotala Wallichi before. So if you are planning to have these plants, then better not keep the SAE.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks