Thread: bubbling plant

Feedback Score

bubbling plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

May I know what type of plants give bubbling effect more easily. I understand Ricca is one of them but high maintenance.[] []

Dino

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u mean foregrd plants rite? if thats the case, glosso, hairgrass, MM, UM..etc

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 1/10/2002 6:50:43 PM

u mean foregrd plants rite? if thats the case, glosso, hairgrass, MM, UM..etc
    ----------------
    Hi Simon,
    I have glosso leh (pearl glass rite?) and hairgrass.
    But no bubbling effect one leh. I have 3 * 36W PL light for my tank (2*1.5*2) and bubble rate about 2 bubble per second. But cannot see anything leh[] []
    (sometime I really wonder is my tank height too tall that the light intensity is too low at the gravel). My hairgrass is very slow growing. Btw, what is MM and UM??

Dino

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    PL shld be no prob.. even yr glosso not forming bubbles below the leaves?

MM = Micranthem micranthemoides
    UM = Micranthemum umbrosum

most plants do bubble, but plants like echinodorus and crypto bubbles from holes on the leaves.. lotus bubble on the underside

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Increase CO2 to 3 - 4 bubbles/ sec if you want to see bubbling effect.......I used to have 3 bubbles/ sec and a lot of plants bubble. Nw I reduce to about 1 - 2 bubbles/ sec to save CO2 so less bubbling...

The choice is yours
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    errr... dino,

Before you do any adjustment to your parameters, it's better that you find out things like kH and pH. Make sure that they alright. Are you doing any ferterlization?

William,
    Setting a 2ft tank at 3b/s might be very dangerous. If the co2 mixing is poor, then change the diffuser/reactor to a more efficient one instead. No offense hor.....
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 1/11/2002 11:03:15 AM

errr... dino,

Before you do any adjustment to your parameters, it's better that you find out things like kH and pH. Make sure that they alright. Are you doing any ferterlization?

William,

Setting a 2ft tank at 3b/s might be very dangerous. If the co2 mixing is poor, then change the diffuser/reactor to a more efficient one instead. No offense hor.....
    ----------------
    Hi Sherchoo,

I think my KH is around 4-5 and PH around 7 and my CO2 bubble rate is around 2/sec.
    (I have a hard time adjusting the 'stupid' CO2 regulator. Tighten a little bit -> no bubble.. loosen slightly.. too many.. sigh. Maybe this is the problem with cheap taiwanese brand. )
    May I know is it ok to leave the CO2 on with 2 bubble/sec thru the nite with no light on?? Will the fish and prawns get CO2 poisoning?? My tank size is 2
    * 1.5 * 2 feet. Find it too time consuming (about 5-10min) to adjust the regulator every morning.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dino, y dun get a needle valve to fine tune yr output.. see if i got time to take a pic of it 2nite

u will risk getting C02 poisoning if u leave yr c02 running without lights

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dino,

Your regulator is without solenoid kah? My taiwan regulator need only adjust once and then I leave it be..... no problems so far
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]