Images
    Country
    Singapore

DIC CO2 using ceramic diffusor

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys. i happen to see some picture on diy co2 but using a small ceramic diffusor. so im wondering if issit possible to just hook a ceramic diffusor to the diy co2 tube? or anything special need to be done to the bottle of diy co2 for it to work?
    thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    hi guys. i happen to see some picture on diy co2 but using a small ceramic diffusor. so im wondering if issit possible to just hook a ceramic diffusor to the diy co2 tube? or anything special need to be done to the bottle of diy co2 for it to work?
    thanks.
    Ermh, it will not work for long as the diy co2 does not have sufficient pressure to purge co2 out..maybe it will work during peak fermentation..but otherwise...don't think it will work
    Check out Wynx' Blog
    Check out Wynx' Gallery
    When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.
    Dale Carnegie
    "Who cannot love Her smallest things cannot stand in front of Nature" 隆あまの 

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by wynx View Post
    Ermh, it will not work for long as the diy co2 does not have sufficient pressure to purge co2 out..maybe it will work during peak fermentation..but otherwise...don't think it will work
    ohh... yea agree with you.. thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    the ceramic diffuser worked on my DIY CO2 but i broke the next day( could be due to the pressure as i am using the $8 diffuser)
    i used the formula from this thread: http://aquaticquotient.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35832

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    DIY CO2 works with ceramic diffuser, i've been using it for about half a year without any problems. No breaking of glass, the pressure works just fine...not an issue at all. Only problem is that a whitish layer of mould looking substance from the yeast will form on the diffusing surface of ceramic after time, thus causing blockage to the CO2 output. So currently i switched using a diffuser stone instead.
    Zack

Planted tank: Melanotaenia Lacustris, Melanotaenia Parkinsoni, Melanotaenia Praecox,
    Glossolepis Incisus, Melanotaenia Maccullochi, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Iriatherina Werneri, Barilius Canarensis