Images
    Country
    Singapore

some questions on plants and co2

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i was just wondering if the rate of plant growth would be affected by the temp of the water. the cooler the water, the faster the establishment and growth?
    my tank has a high temp of 29-31'C due to its small size and direct high lighting.
    also, i have this problem with my diy co2. i had the thing going on for the past 2-3 weeks and attached the tubing to the intake of my powerhead.
    everything went fine for the first 2 weeks when suddenly the powerhead shut itself down, after too much sucking of co2 bubbles, i think it couldn't stand the gas in the motor and now i have no other method to diffuse the co2.
    a diffuser is probably the best solution, but most diffusers are too big(for 4 ft) to fit in a 1ft tank.
    how should i diffuse the co2?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

i was just wondering if the rate of plant growth would be affected by the temp of the water. the cooler the water, the faster the establishment and growth?
    my tank has a high temp of 29-31'C due to its small size and direct high lighting.
    also, i have this problem with my diy co2. i had the thing going on for the past 2-3 weeks and attached the tubing to the intake of my powerhead.
    everything went fine for the first 2 weeks when suddenly the powerhead shut itself down, after too much sucking of co2 bubbles, i think it couldn't stand the gas in the motor and now i have no other method to diffuse the co2.
    a diffuser is probably the best solution, but most diffusers are too big(for 4 ft) to fit in a 1ft tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hello cardinal tetra,

are you trying to say a reactor is too big? diffusors are actually very small just like an airstone and i think you got the 2 mixed up.
    try a diffusor. it is supposed to be suitable for small aquarium. or you can pump it straight to your canister filter if you are using one.

hope this helps.

Wahboy

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cardinal tetra..try an external reactor if you have space outside your tank. The initial cost might seem high but sure is very efficient unless you are getting those ADA diffusers..(dunno whether your DIY CO2 pressure is good enough to push through though).. Regarding using your canister filter..I think it is not a very wise method as your motor head might get air-lock.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    its not a canister, its a powerhead.
    wads an external reactor? the diffusers i see are those long ones that cost around $50++.... couldnt find any of those spiral diffusers (the one where the bubble twirls round and round)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    you can the spiral diffuser get it at gan.
    12 bucks a piece
    thomas liew