Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Plant vs Algae Aleopathy

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Understand that there are plants releases chemicals which inhibits algae growth, and these are nature aleopathy.

So far, I know that hornworts (Ceratophyllum demersum) is one of those good anti-algae agents. Floating plant helps to suck up as much nutrients in the water to compete with algae.

So, what other recommended plants for good against algae?
    Desert and Cactus...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Philippines
    Hornworth, Cabomba, Elodea, Vals. The important thing is to have enough plants to absorb all the excess nutrients to prevent algae. Maximum CO2 (just enough not to kill fauna) and fertz.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by mojave View Post
    Hornworth, Cabomba, Elodea, Vals. The important thing is to have enough plants to absorb all the excess nutrients to prevent algae. Maximum CO2 (just enough not to kill fauna) and fertz.
    The interesting point should be how to measure excess? How do you know whether these nutrients hungry plants are not competing with your slow growers?

Personally, I still believe in attaining the correct balance within your tank. Nutrient excess are not the blame to all algae problems and anything too much affects the balance.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Philippines
    EI dosing is a good start. Despite all the procedures, nobody can tell you exactly how to run your tank, even with the given dozens of parameters (ph, kH,NO3, etc). All these are just guides, it will be your everyday observation that will determine what will be right for your tank. No 2 tanks are exactly alike, close maybe.
    There will be trial, and error and frustration, but when you get it right, it will be all worthwhile (at least for me).