Images
    Country
    Singapore

My Bangkok animal photos [warning bandwidth intensive]

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ok, so here are the lousy photos I took at Chatuchak market this last weekend. Let's start with the fish:

Came across some tanks labelled "Badis rubra". I'm assuming they're Badis ruber

Zebra pleco lookalike (not sure of the L number) that was going for ~$80 SGD

One of my favourite algae eaters - Sturisoma sp.

Angelfish with weird markings. It was in a tank full of normal silver scalares

Planted tanks that i liked

Finally, not a fish but something that swims anyway

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Now for the mammals:

Cute rabbits!

Fighting dogs!

Other dogs

Sleepy squirrels

Hedgehogs!

I didn't get to take a picture of the baby leopard/ocelot that i saw. Wasn't sure which it was, but it was definitely a wildcat

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hi YiXiang,
    Those are some nice pictures. I really like the squirrels. Maybe you should put it in the photography section instead?
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i did mention that they were lousy pictures =P only posted them upon request in another thread. this thread was created to show what i saw in Chatuchak and not meant to be a photography skills thread anyway (we have a Photography subforum for that don't we?) so don't need to be so picky or sarcastic.

i have shaky hands so i doubt any photography session is going to make a difference to me anyway. if it's an issue i can delete the thread and not post photos again in future in this subforum

edit: luenny, this is the reason i chose not to create this thread in the photography section. but at least in that subforum, such responses would be somewhat justified
    Last edited by illumnae; 13th Dec 2007 at 11:00.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cool down guys. Anyway are some of the hedgehogs in the last picture albinos? And that angelfish really does look very weird with all those patchy markings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yup the hedgehogs in the tank were a mix of albinos and normal ones

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Aiyo.... Take it easy la.... why people all so aggro now a days??? Its just a one liner comment with smily face, why must read so much into it??? everything also piss people off...like now a days ah..if you give friendly advice, people will bite your hands off. No need to be so defensive what....Not say cannot post lousy pictures.... if you like, post la... whether it be photography forum or here (no one ever said only good pictures can be posted up what)....Pictures are yours!! you can share all you want...
    Just because someone post one one liner comment with smily face you wont ever post picures again in this subforum?? that says alot loh...
    you know they are lousy, i know they are lousy (on a typical photo judgement standard) but just because someone said it.. it becomes an issue now?? You like can liao la.. no need to defend youself...do what you want as long as its within forum rules. Chill and relax man...haha..

Anyway... i like the photos... think maybe i should make a trip there..hehehe..
    used to have some hedgehogs as pets while i was overseas... they were simply cute la..haha.. left them to run around my room when i was studying..haha..their actions and movement were so funny!! Also...always got fish to see there as well...so can see all the animals i want!! i like!! good update.. but hor... most of you pictures are blur leh.... hahahahaha .... joking la.... take it east bro.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    telling me my pictures are blur is not an issue...like you said, you know they're blur and i know they're blur. no worries if you point that out but telling me that i had better go take a photography session (maybe he means photography lesson? hey wynx go for vocab lessons ya?) is turning it into a personal attack and that's why i took offence

anyhow, i agere that the hedgehogs were cute! pity they're not allowed as pets here in Singapore or i'd buy a few already. Fish wise, i hope they get in better stock when you go down. All i had to see were discus, ember tetras, guppies, cherry shrimp and other fauna commonly seen within our shores. the only interesting fish i saw were wild bettas, Badis ruber and rainbow threadfins (arguably this isn't interesting enough as they're found in 1-2 LFS here as well...but i found a female which is rare here!).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yi xiang,

Cool it. Wynx is just stating it in a friendly manner and not trying to be picky or sarcastic.

I know Wynx. I doubt he is trying to be funny here. So let not get this thread heated up. We are here to enjoy and share right

Anyway, thanks for sharing the pictures. Despite the blur picture, really an eye opener to see so many types of pets...

I LOVE THE BADIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammed.. should ask you to get them. Very hard to find them in Singapore now.
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yup the badis were lovely and i was sorely tempted to get them too. what stopped me was my lack of tank space (pity i introduced shrimp into my nano tank or i'd have gotten it as my feature fish!) as well as my inability to positively sex them. i could roughly tell, but didn't want to risk it. a pair or trio would have been fantastic!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    They have different patterns on their body... I used to collect them. And they grow up to be very beautiful
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha ok nic you teach me properly how to sex them, and when i go again (mid next year latest) to tailor new shirts i'll get a pair for you =) unless godprint chances upon this thread and he can get you a pair from his trip there since he's on his way to Bangkok now

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    looks exciting le...

jakarta fish street also got sell small crocs sometimes...
    lifeisfullofemptypromisesandbrokendreams
    Hypancistrus and Tanganyikan cichlids breeding

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    edit: luenny, this is the reason i chose not to create this thread in the photography section. but at least in that subforum, such responses would be somewhat justified
    So sad, I want people to comment on my photos and not much feedback. And you got all this. C'mon people let's be nice ok. Yi Xiang is just trying to show us what he sees in Bangkok. He's not asking how nice his photos are. I on the other hand is always interested to hear how I can improve my shots. So if you want to criticize my photos (constructively or else I'll just ignore you), go ahead.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ignore the sarcastic remarks, bro and move on. Your pictures provided a much needed breather for me in my mundane day in the office!
    Check out my blog, True Tales From The Darkside
    http://www.firespitter38.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    i'm going to say this once and just once...
    The comments were not meant to be sarcastic or condesending. You cannot tell his tone from typing. They were spoken in JEST... take a joke.
    Anymore comments (not even a single HINT or reply of it) on this and i'll start deleting. PERIOD.
    i mean it.. END IT NOW.

Back to topic... i would have loved to see the cat thing you talked about... seemed like it was wild caught... poor little fella... actually quite saddens me leh..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Poor squirrels too. They can't survive in captivity and will gradually waste away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm pretty sure it's wild caught. even a few years back in Singapore i heard someone in my army camp saying that a wild caught ocelot was available to be purchased at a price (together with other exotics such as a baby komodo dragon), so i'm not surprised that Chatuchak has them on hand. When i saw the cat, a caucasion was stroking it with one hand and writing something on the shopkeeper's table...probably his address for shipping the cat over.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    Poor squirrels too. They can't survive in captivity and will gradually waste away.
    this is what i heard from my fiancee: when someone she knew went to Chatuchak and enquired about squirrels, she was told that the squirrels were wildcaught but docile and safe and would not bite. she later found out the reason for why they would not bite - the immoral dealers extracted the teeth from the squirrels. So while they would not bite, they could not eat either and eventually starved to death.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    Yea...
    Are you sure they are sold as pets?

Or maybe as food?
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast