Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How to sex apistos?

Feedback Score

How to sex apistos?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    how do i sex apistos,i juz got my first pair from that fish and pet place today.the stock just arrived today.i think they are agassizii double reds but what does the female of the double red look like?seems like in the pics i've seen so far,they are all yellow but the one i have that i suspect is a female has a dull color.the tail shape is also rounder. and will female of a different breed mate with a male of a different breed?

Feedback Score

How to sex apistos?

how do i sex apistos,i juz got my first pair from that fish and pet place today.the stock just arrived today.i think they are agassizii double reds but what does the female of the double red look like?seems like in the pics i've seen so far,they are all yellow but the one i have that i suspect is a female has a dull color.the tail shape is also rounder. and will female of a different breed mate with a male of a different breed?

Feedback Score

How to sex apistos?

Feedback Score

How to sex apistos?

Feedback Score
    btw,is it ok to feed frozen blood worms to them? read somewhere tt it produces too much waste,is tt true? my apistos are housed in a 1 ft tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u to the gallery section above and look under Apistogramma agassizii 'tefe yellow'.. the female of most agassizii look like that.. and yes, the caudal/tail is rounded compared to the male lance-like tail

agassizii female will breed willing with other agassizii subspecies if there isnt a male of her kind ard

for yr 1ft, do a weekly water change, dun feed them too much, once a day

Feedback Score
    thanks very much simon...
    so its ok to feed them frozen bw?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I oso feed them bw, sometimes sinking cichlid pellets

Feedback Score
    thanx...are apistos sensitive to temperature changes?cos they are in my room and the aircon lowers the temp 2 about 24,25 and in the day without aircon its about 28,29...and for the females,when they are ready to spawn the female will turn yellow?[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    kubrich: temp fluctuations will make them susceptible to ick.

you may wish to consider a heater..