Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: EMERGENCY!

Feedback Score

EMERGENCY!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I can't seem to post this in the Aquatic FAQ. No permisson or something. Anyway, here goes:

Help! I have been finding a dead shrimp a day. Just found out why. My mini-puffer has been attacking them! First it blinds them by eating its eyes then, repeatedly attacks its tail and legs. Gosh! I never knew puffers are so violent. I have quarantined it... but the fish that I quarantine never lives beyond 70 hrs. Please advise.
    -----------------------------
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

EMERGENCY!

I can't seem to post this in the Aquatic FAQ. No permisson or something. Anyway, here goes:

Help! I have been finding a dead shrimp a day. Just found out why. My mini-puffer has been attacking them! First it blinds them by eating its eyes then, repeatedly attacks its tail and legs. Gosh! I never knew puffers are so violent. I have quarantined it... but the fish that I quarantine never lives beyond 70 hrs. Please advise.
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

EMERGENCY!

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

EMERGENCY!

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    FAQ section is more of a database whereby all relevant info linked to this forum is placed there.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    errr.. how did u Q him? i mean the water condition same as yr tank? did u have air pump or filter? did u feed him? btw, wat fishes did u lose?

Feedback Score
    This is only the start of week 3 so i put in shrimps. The puffer was used to terminate the bloom of snails. had about 11 or more, all wiped out before the shrimps started getting No fish yet. Lost about 5 shrimps so far.

I took some water out of the tank, put him and the water into a small plastic tank. Unfortunately, no plants, no oxygen, ziltch!

I don't even know what to feed him.
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    how big is the plastic tank... aerate it and change water regularly till you find him a new home. You can feed the fella with frozen bloodworms. They love it....

And yes, puffer are indeed very fierce. They have a pouncing style of hunting it's prey.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/17/2002 12:01:36 AM

This is only the start of week 3 so i put in shrimps. The puffer was used to terminate the bloom of snails. had about 11 or more, all wiped out before the shrimps started getting No fish yet. Lost about 5 shrimps so far.

I took some water out of the tank, put him and the water into a small plastic tank. Unfortunately, no plants, no oxygen, ziltch!

I don't even know what to feed him.
    ----------------
    11 puffers? [:0]
    my tail-nipping puffer has been living in a bare 6" tank with no filtration nor aeration for many months. just weekly water change. still as healthy as ever. it feeds on bloodworm. always tease it by hovering the bloodworm above the water surface. it jumps for the worm.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 10/17/2002 11:00:54 AM

11 puffers? [:0]
    my tail-nipping puffer has been living in a bare 6" tank with no filtration nor aeration for many months. just weekly water change. still as healthy as ever. it feeds on bloodworm. always tease it by hovering the bloodworm above the water surface. it jumps for the worm.
    ----------------
    No! 11 snails... just one puffer. He's happy eating the dead shrimps haha...
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    I've heard of cotton wool disease that happens to fish... but over the last two days or so, some cotton wool like material has started to appear on the top portion of my plants near the surface of the water. Those parts of the leaves have started to brown as well today. Any one else experiences that before?
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think you brought this matter in the planted tank section. Already have some rplies there. No need to post again.

Best regards
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]