Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to buy CO2? What size cylinder?

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Where to buy CO2? What size cylinder?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Any suggestions as to where I should buy a CO2 cylinder and CO2 itself in the Concord, Mass or Boston, Mass area? What size cylinder would you suggest for a 55 gallon heavily planted aquarium?
    Thanks,
    Herbie

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can't help you on locating a CO2 tank. Most of us live really far away from these areas. Have you tried looking on the U.S. forums like aquaticplantcentral.com or try mail ordering?

For the tank size, I say go for the biggest you can get. It cuts down the trips for refilling.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    For the tank size, I say go for the biggest you can get. It cuts down the trips for refilling.
    I would recommend getting another spare. In case the CO2 ran out in winter or public holidays.
    Cheers and Regards,
    Billy Cheong

I'm not always dumb,
    Just most of the time...

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbie View Post
    Any suggestions as to where I should buy a CO2 cylinder and CO2 itself in the Concord, Mass or Boston, Mass area? What size cylinder would you suggest for a 55 gallon heavily planted aquarium?
    Thanks,
    Herbie

I have a heavily planted 90 gallon in the Denver Colorado area. Check out the yellow pages for welding supply stores they have cylinders and and the CO2. Refills are as easy as your Propane exchange at Home depot, drop off the empty and pay for the refill (a new bottle and full charge of CO2) about$17 here. I use a 20 pound (in use) a 5 pound backup (in case of outages on weekends and holidays). ask for food grade ( the purest CO2) weld grade is fine in my 5 yr CO2 experience.

plant mooch
    feed them, give 'em light and let 'em grow