Country
    Singapore

Test Kits

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Bros out there,

Just started on my planted tank with a riccia lawn and moss background. have put in a DIY CO2 but it doesnt seem to work... Its been done 3days liao and I dont see the bubbles in the tank except for the reaction (v. few tiny bubbles) from the bottle.... any recommendations?

I suppose I will need test kits, so any recommendations(Brand and type) and cost of them??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Test Kits

Bros out there,

Just started on my planted tank with a riccia lawn and moss background. have put in a DIY CO2 but it doesnt seem to work... Its been done 3days liao and I dont see the bubbles in the tank except for the reaction (v. few tiny bubbles) from the bottle.... any recommendations?

I suppose I will need test kits, so any recommendations(Brand and type) and cost of them??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Test Kits

Bros out there,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Test Kits

Bros out there,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do you see any CO2 output from the DIY CO2 into the tank? If not then there's a leak. Test the setup in a pail of water.
    If there's no leak and you wish to find out the CO2 level, then you need a kH and a pH test kit. Most brands will do. Each costs about $8 thereabouts. After testing, then compare with the chart at http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/kh-ph-co2-chart.html.
    BTW -- How's your lighting? And any fish in there?
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nope, i dont see any CO2 coming out into the tank. will test for leak later on...

lighting is 2x36w PL and have 5 ottos in there, wondering if they will nibble at my riccia.
    doesnt matter right?

----------------
    On 10/17/2002 9:43:03 AM

Do you see any CO2 output from the DIY CO2 into the tank? If not then there's a leak. Test the setup in a pail of water.
    If there's no leak and you wish to find out the CO2 level, then you need a kH and a pH test kit. Most brands will do. Each costs about $8 thereabouts. After testing, then compare with the chart at http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/kh-ph-co2-chart.html.
    BTW -- How's your lighting? And any fish in there?
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have yet to hear of Otos eating healthy plants. All in all a pretty safe and reliable fish to have.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Test kits... pH, Nitrate and Phosphate. If you want to use the ph-KH-CO2 table to gauge your CO2 levels, get a KH kit too. JBL colours a bit hard to match. The only other brand I've tried is Sera. The colour charts are easier to match.

Feedback Score
    Hi,

You can try the aquarium pharmaceuticals test kit set consist of pH, higher pH, ammonia, nitrite, gH and kH tester. I find it somehow quite accurate but gotta get another nitrate test kit. The whole set cost abt $40. You can try your luck finding it. If you purchase individually, I think the price might be higher.

Thinking of getting a CO2 testkit, is the sera one good? anyone care to comment?
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The permanent CO2 test kit? I'm using JBL... the instructions recommends to re-mix at every water change, minimum every 14 days. From other thread, I remember forumers mentioning some other brands can last longer.

Feedback Score
    ok, maybe I'll try it out after all. Dunno good or bad lah. cos I saw from the instruction booklet that you gotta refill it after the color fade or wat.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I use only Sera test kits and find them quite ok.

I use the following.

Used occasionally to check if everything is in place. And also for learning about plants/algae and their reaction to nutrients:
    KH, GH, Fe, NO3, PO4

CO2 long term indicator (just an assurance that CO2 is under control)

Rarely used:
    pH (only for my info sake)
    NO2 (used only during start up)

In fact, the important ones are probably KH and pH for the well-being of your fishes. For start-ups, NO2 give you an indication whether your tank have cycled.

The rest is optional but they are useful to me because I really learnt a lot with by corelating the values and the observations. It give me an indication of what I did wrong or right and how the plants/algae react.

BC

Feedback Score
    Chan has that nice ADA long term CO2 indicator, looks real nice...anyone using it? I find the JBL one a bit clumsy..oh well maybe it's just me [:]

eggz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok, so I see that pH and KH are important factors in this case I should be getting them at the top of my list. Is Tetra brand good? has anybody used them? I saw it in C328 going for $27 which will detect pH, KH, nitrite, nitrate and something else.... Its a 5 in 1....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Maverick..the 5 in 1 is useless imo..I used it before..total hands down for me on that one. Go for pH test pen to test pH..and individual test kit to achieve much accurate result (No test kit is 100% accurate).
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger