Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cory with popeye?

Feedback Score

Cory with popeye?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I recently added 6 panda cories to my 4 ft planted tank. 5 are perfectly fine but one seem to have developed a problem with one of its eye. Its bulging and the bulge is whitish in colour. he is not as active as the others but is still ok.
    Water parameters are within normal range and the tank is pretty mature cos its been running for over 3 months with 4 platies, a Siamese fighter and 3 tetras.
    Should i take him out ? Or should i medicate the whole tank? Any idea which medication?
    "In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are not winners, but all are losers."
    Neville Chamberlain 1869 - 1940

Feedback Score

Cory with popeye?

I recently added 6 panda cories to my 4 ft planted tank. 5 are perfectly fine but one seem to have developed a problem with one of its eye. Its bulging and the bulge is whitish in colour. he is not as active as the others but is still ok.
    Water parameters are within normal range and the tank is pretty mature cos its been running for over 3 months with 4 platies, a Siamese fighter and 3 tetras.
    Should i take him out ? Or should i medicate the whole tank? Any idea which medication?
    "In war, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are not winners, but all are losers."

Feedback Score

Cory with popeye?

Feedback Score

Cory with popeye?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    recently a bleeding heart tetra of mine also got this disease. but he didn't survive the ordeal.
    what i suggest is if your tank isn't planted and don't really mind the medicine, treat the whole tank. chances are the bacteria/parasites that causes the disease is already in the tank. otherwise, bring him out ASAP and treat him in another tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    popeye is commonly thought to be caused by poor water conditions
    your parameters may be alright, but there could be pollutants in the water which our tests don't reflect
    when in doubt, change water