Thread: Qn about emersed E.tenellus

Feedback Score

Qn about emersed E.tenellus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi again,

I got some emersed e.tenellus from Teo's and planted them on Saturday.

Approximately how long does it take for the leaves to change from the broad looking emersed form to the thin submersed type?

I noticed in the 9ft, the e.tenellus haven't changed, and it's about coming to 2 weeks.
    The guy at Teo's mentioned something about cutting the leaves to speed up the transformation.

BTW, I've planted them about 1 inch apart, is this enough to get a nice lawn look? ...thanks

eggz

Feedback Score

Hi again,

Approximately how long does it take for the leaves to change from the broad looking emersed form to the thin submersed type?

I noticed in the 9ft, the e.tenellus haven't changed, and it's about coming to 2 weeks.
    The guy at Teo's mentioned something about cutting the leaves to speed up the transformation.

BTW, I've planted them about 1 inch apart, is this enough to get a nice lawn look? ...thanks

eggz

Feedback Score

Hi again,

eggz

Feedback Score

Hi again,

eggz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    actually teo's tenellus is changing, saw the transformation last weekend.. time frame from transformation depends on yr tank, ard 1-2weeks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yah.. it depends on the tank parameters. I was quite suprise to see teo's tenellus sprouting new sumersed leaves so quickly. Hope mine will be just as fast. Anyway, with enuff lights they will change over time.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I find tenellus to be one of the first bba attractors...lol

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    In my experience, the submerse leaves will start sprouting as soon as the plant is planted underwater. The rate is about 1-2 leaves per week. The older emerse leaves will take their time to shed. Some emerse leaves will remain even up to 1 month.

BC

Feedback Score
    I heard from Robert at
    Mr Fish that frequent cutting will make it shorter.
    I just did up a small tank using mainly tenellus. I realise it is not too demanding, now the tank like 'Welcome to the jungle'.....

Feedback Score
    Thanks for info guys...

Still blur, didn't know how to spot the e.tenellus transformaion in Teo's 9ft. I was hoping to see lots of submersed leaves everywhere...typical!
    []

hatchet, Is Robert saying that if we cut the submersed leaves often, they will grow shorter, but also bushier?

eggz

I got my tennellus from Teo's 2 mths ago, now the emersed form are still surviving healthily. The submersed form has started sprouting runners, so they share the same space with the emersed form.

It looks messy in my tank, esp with those flowering stalks mixed among them.

So, my advice is, cut most of them where possible

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 10/22/2002 5:38:24 PM

I got my tennellus from Teo's 2 mths ago, now the emersed form are still surviving healthily. The submersed form has started sprouting runners, so they share the same space with the emersed form.

It looks messy in my tank, esp with those flowering stalks mixed among them.

So, my advice is, cut most of them where possible
    ----------------

So this means that its ok to cut off the emersed leaves while waiting for the submersed ones to sprout and it won't like kill the plants or anything?

eggz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It's ok to trim.... it the same as you trim your plants during your tank maitenance....
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]