Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your pleco pretend dead???

Does your pleco pretend dead???

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Mine L253 does this several times! It will lie down as if it's dead with its mouth facing the sky, in its favourite spot under a driftwood. At first I thought it's dead, but after poking it it starts to move! Btw, this L253 of mine is very fat, will it be unhealthy for him?

Mine L253 does this several times! It will lie down as if it's dead with its mouth facing the sky, in its favourite spot under a driftwood. At first I thought it's dead, but after poking it it starts to move! Btw, this L253 of mine is very fat, will it be unhealthy for him?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    L253? Not sure but I had once a Tiger pleco pretending to be alive when it was dead.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    mine too ! especially the L014a Sunshine []. Ur L253 beli fat ! [:0] U better go easy on ur feeding ! , Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    er... guys, please enlighten me:

first sherwin - your pleco pretend to be alive when it's dead? i can only think of 2 scenerios: 1) it's so light that it moved around the tank with the water current? 2) it just sat on the bottom of the tank like any other day (my L177 did that!)? []

lighter & allen - you mean your L253 and L14a respectively, laid on their backs on the bottom of the tanks? not "stuck" to anything? strange leh... []
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    lighter & allen - you mean your L253 and L14a respectively, laid on their backs on the bottom of the tanks? not "stuck" to anything? strange leh... []
    ----------------
    Flor ! usually the joker does " this act " in between drift woods or under the drfit wood ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Yap, it's my L264 and not L253 (type wrongly) who always act dead. I have this wood that look like a tree trunk with roots. It will hide under the roots and the mouth facing the sky, not sucking on anything, and it can remain in this position for hours!!, untill i decided to give it a poke to see if it's alive![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LOLz! these are 'jokers' indeed! lying on their backs without sucking to anything! [:0]

oh, saw 2 L264 at ben/tb yesterday. very tempted, stopped myself in time, but still thinking about it... [] saw price tag $70, but didn't ask to confirm. lighter, how much and where did you get yours?
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    One of my L046 is doing the same thing

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    seriously, i'd have freaked out if any of my plecos does this! [:0]

must go buy a cane to put next to the tank, as a warning to them!

coryfav, i got my L264 for $45 or $50 from a collector. I think GAN also got L264 the last time i went there. Gan told me the season going to end soon, So Faster Buy ah!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry... my pleco died one day without me knowing cos it did not move much and often stick to that same ole place day in and day out. One day it shifted to another place which I found it weird till I poked it..... dead. Quite funny but mainly sad.

None of my pleco plays dead b4. But my collection quite smal 2 Zebras and a Tiger. BTW, what's the L? for tiger pleco?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

hi shercoo,

If i'm not wrong it should be L066?

See -> http://www.planetcatfish.com/ilibrar...ncis/174_f.htm

Kunner: I'm be very worried if my L046 does that!! They're my precious lot!! Maybe yours is tired of sucking laio![:0] []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Think it's L134 , L066 is Network, Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    heh.. my l46 pretends to be dead by not eating and not moving for months...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't underestimate the L046 hor ![], they're " SUPER ACTIVE " in the night ! - looking for food and " good time " [] ( when lights are off ). [:0]

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Alamak! After reading all the post, me now regret! Bought a pair of young l46 from Gan a few months back. Had acclimatised the bag 4 1/2 an hour. When I introduced them, both were trying 2 like jump out. In less than 5 minute, both were dead. I had pick them out 2 thoroughly check if they were really dead n in the end in the rubbish bin they go. After reading the post, somehow I feel weird. Do they really play dead? I had never lost a fish this fast in my life! A fren of mine also has the same experience but his took half a day 2 die n was a different species of pleco that he got at Changi village.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Is there a lfs in changi village? What is it located at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast