Images
    Country
    Singapore

more questions on plants and setup

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    tonight i went to check the tank and found that my plants are bubbling! it's the first time i've ever had a plant bubble for me and i was so surprised.
    the anubias were bubbling like mad under the strong light. could this be that my lights and co2 are sufficient to stimulate bubbling?
    i also noticed that my powerhead shut off by itself. could this be a factor that caused the plants to bubble?
    i've thought of running the tank 5g without filteration. could this be possible?
    one more last thing. i noticed that my stem plants are 'bending' slightly to the light source as the lights are not evenly distributed. is this ok?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

tonight i went to check the tank and found that my plants are bubbling! it's the first time i've ever had a plant bubble for me and i was so surprised.
    the anubias were bubbling like mad under the strong light. could this be that my lights and co2 are sufficient to stimulate bubbling?
    i also noticed that my powerhead shut off by itself. could this be a factor that caused the plants to bubble?
    i've thought of running the tank 5g without filteration. could this be possible?
    one more last thing. i noticed that my stem plants are 'bending' slightly to the light source as the lights are not evenly distributed. is this ok?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/23/2002 12:18:05 AM

----------------
    If the bubling is due to your powerhead shutting off would prolly means that the water agitation is too high hence dissipating co2 too quickly b4 dissolving into the water collumn.

If your 5G tank is heavily planted, it should be able to go filterless. Juz make sure the bioload is not too much.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cardinal..maybe your powerhead is causing too much disturbance last time which will in turn cause your CO2 to escape and hence saturation to the optimal point is not possible. Whereas for the plants bending towards the high lighted areas, seen in this forum regarding the dosing of K or potassium will change the growth behaviour of the plants...maybe that will be of some help but personally I don't bother with it..just trim to the way you want the plants to look. []
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Could also mean that the circulation was too fast, making it difficult for the plants to absorb nutrients as they flow by.

Circulation in a planted tank should be complete, but gentle.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks guys i'll decide on without filteration then. i'm still quite insecure without it, maybe due to the fishes dat i plan to have.
    3 rummynose
    1 otto
    1 sae
    2 guppies
    ? yamatos

would this be comsidered overloaded?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You still need to circulate the water and at least have some mechanical filtration. Either do something to lower the flow of you current powerhead or get a slower internal filter.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.