Country
    Singapore

Your recommended liquid fertilizer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for liquid fertilizers and supplements for my fern and moss setup. Do you have any products to recommend? And also which LFS can i get them in Singapore?

Thank you in advance.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    what is your budget? there are many brands to select from, depending on your budget and your experience using them. You might want to get a commerical fertilizer if you are new to planted tanks. Pop down to Nature Aquarium, they should have a range for you to choose from, seachem is one of the more economical brands. If you don't mind the price, ADA will be a good choice as well

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    what is your budget? there are many brands to select from, depending on your budget and your experience using them. You might want to get a commerical fertilizer if you are new to planted tanks. Pop down to Nature Aquarium, they should have a range for you to choose from, seachem is one of the more economical brands. If you don't mind the price, ADA will be a good choice as well
    oh, i prefer those commercial ones and under $20 per bottle should be okie. I can't really find SEACHEM products in some of the LFS i visit and they usually recommend me AZOO. I haven used much of liquid fert myself so i am not too sure what commercial brands are good to start of with

So Simon you would recommend SEACHEM product then?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    for that budget, go with seachem. If you face any problems or have any queries free feel to post your questions in the fertilization section.

I personally have not used seachem, but only dennerle, tropica and currently ADA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i've had good results using the WonderGro range of products marketed by one of our forum members. it's currently available for retail sale at NA and is cheaper compared to seachem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    For moss and ferns or other slow growing plants, try "ADA specials - shade". It's formulated specially for this type of plants. Check ADA website for more information.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm...thanks for your response all, i will head down to some LFS for some window shopping, prolly the one at henderson rd
    Bern still suck at Water Chemistry + Plant Names

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    if it's not too inconvenient for you, try to head down to NA along Thompson road instead. Alternatively, you could go to C328 or Polyart. These 3 LFS carry (i think) the widest range of products so you can have a better choice there. the 2 LFS at henderson don't carry that wide a range of liquid fertilizers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    the plants you are growing no need liquid ferts, if you already have base fert or using gex plants/ada aqua soil, or any other brands with nitrients already.

I am currently using sechem flourish, trace, and potassium. But feel they are relatively ineffectively without more importantly lights/chilled water and CO2 in its purest form.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    the plants you are growing no need liquid ferts, if you already have base fert or using gex plants/ada aqua soil, or any other brands with nitrients already.

I am currently using sechem flourish, trace, and potassium. But feel they are relatively ineffectively without more importantly lights/chilled water and CO2 in its purest form.
    Oh, i do not use gex plants/ada aqua soil, but lapis and very little base fert (which are at least a year old). All of my ferns are not planted in the substrate so i believe they need to absorb some nutrients from the water through dosing liquid ferts?

I think you are right, those parameters you stated are important and are provided for. I want to learn how to get the optimum combination of lights, water temperature, Co2 levels and fertilizer regime for healthy fern growth here.

Thanks for advise.
    Bern still suck at Water Chemistry + Plant Names

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    if it's not too inconvenient for you, try to head down to NA along Thompson road instead. Alternatively, you could go to C328 or Polyart. These 3 LFS carry (i think) the widest range of products so you can have a better choice there. the 2 LFS at henderson don't carry that wide a range of liquid fertilizers.

does pet mart at serangoon noth carry the mentioned product?
    thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    i've had good results using the WonderGro range of products marketed by one of our forum members. it's currently available for retail sale at NA and is cheaper compared to seachem.
    Any idea how is the price of wondergro compared to Seachem and Lushgro?

Thanks!