Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Pleco environment

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Mebbe you guys might want to try having a set-up like this one below mentioned in this site.

http://www.loaches.com/river_tank.shtml

Why I would think so?? Coz plecs come from fast water streams and rivers that force them to modify their head into the suckermouths. This allowed them to stay at one position while still being able to feed at the same time. Do think about it and mebbe the fishes will be more easily observed this way instead of allowing them to be left in still waters and letting them hide almost all the time
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Pleco environment

Mebbe you guys might want to try having a set-up like this one below mentioned in this site.

Why I would think so?? Coz plecs come from fast water streams and rivers that force them to modify their head into the suckermouths. This allowed them to stay at one position while still being able to feed at the same time. Do think about it and mebbe the fishes will be more easily observed this way instead of allowing them to be left in still waters and letting them hide almost all the time
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Pleco environment

Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Pleco environment

Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Actually I have thought of this but with all the pipes around things get a bit messy. For now, its the filter input and output at opposite ends of the tank and a powerhead. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah! They use 2 power head to drive the current, bely strong current man....[]
    I am wondering what happend if I use 2 different rating of power head??? Will the fish got "tank sick"??

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It's strong, but the fishes are meant to be living in a world like this not, our placcid waters of a fish tank..... we have to replicate their environment and not force them to live in another world...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr site

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm using the Eheim 2260 and 2228 water outlet to create or generate the current ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    Eheim 2260! Wah that's a giant cannister filter.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    here's how i judge whether there's current in my pleco tank ----------------- all the 'dirt' are accumulated in a corner... [:] []
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

woh! akoh, what size is that tank?

Anyway, i read on the net that L046 prefers current that look like WAVES instead!!!! [:0]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Eheim 2260! Wah that's a giant cannister filter.
    ----------------
    ikan ! maintenance free for 6 months ! [] []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    woh! akoh, what size is that tank?

Anyway, i read on the net that L046 prefers current that look like WAVES instead!!!! [:0]
    ----------------
    My main Pleco tank is 6'x2'x21/2'.
    Yah ! L046 luv strong current ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    I'll setting up my new catfish tank similar to that. I will use one powerhead only Eheim 1250 and 2 inlet with blue sponge commonly used for koi pond filter. I probably install the sponge (inlet) on the same side with the pump (outlet) since I figure that the water will circulate in the tank anyway. What I mean is that the current will flow one direction at the bottom and when it get to the other site it will get push up and the current on the top will be the opposite direction with the current at the bottom. That's how the water will circulate. Even with inlet foam setup like the website above it will still have the same current movement except less current flowing back on the top since some will get sucked back to the powerhead. Also I will use Eheim 2213 cannister filter where I will use spray jet to push air bubles into the water also easier if I want to use peat or carbon etc. The water circulation will be about 8x the tank volume/hour. I hope this will work well.

wahhh akoh! then u must have tons of plecos to fill that 6 footer!!!! How many altogether? Or u lost count?!![]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    No wonder your zebra plecos are breeding, you give them 5 stars service.
    700 liters tank with only 12 zebra plecos and 6 dwarf royal whiptails.
    You put crocodile will also breed.
    By the way do you live in an apartment, that is one heavy fish tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    wahhh akoh! then u must have tons of plecos to fill that 6 footer!!!! How many altogether? Or u lost count?!![]
    ----------------
    lighter ! , I used to have abt 75 species & total of abt 155 pcs, but lost 52 pcs during the recent disaster some very rare one too ! well ! have to start all over again !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

wahhh, u are a plecomaniac!!!!!

btw, what happen that cause so many of ur pleco to die? can share so nobody repeats the mistake...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Australia
    75 pcs here will cost you a bmw, my LFS just sold a goldy pleco that's been in the shop for many months for $1,350. If you have a combination of zebra ($600), panaque ($800), gold nugget ($1000) 75 pcs if can count how much that will cost. A BMW 318 is $60,000.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey all! [] Guess who u guys are talking to??? Our pleco shifu ok!!!! He is the guy that can name all pleco in L-number[:0], able to ID the sex of them easily and somemore able to bleed 2 kind of pleco in one tank.... not alot of people got this kind of gong li ok []

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast