Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cover for tank

Feedback Score

Cover for tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    What or how do you cover the top of your tanks? I have a tank without lamps and wanna cover it to prevent dust and reduce evaporation. Are there ready made covers or I need to diy something myself? What are your suggestions? TIA.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    u can get lfs or arcylic makers to do one for u.. sorry, i dunno the price for it and it will be very heavy.. another suggestion is to get a carpenter to do a timber cover with openable hatch for maintenance purpose

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Getting ready made covers would be quite a task cos the size may not be suitable. The best option would be DIY or get someone to make one for you like wat Simon has pointed out.
    BTW, is it that dusty? A skimmer can settle that problem easily. Wat kinda tank is it without lights?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Hi Sherchoo, I found a framemaker shop at Sungai Rd which sells perspex/plexiglass for what I need at a very reasonable price. I jus need a couple of strips that covers the top with some ventilation and space for the tubes to go in to the tank. Not sure if the stips will sag in the middle after a while. My tank is 3 ft long.

I am keeping the tank at my balcony where it is very windy and bright. It is a bare tank and doesnt need any lights since I have a light at the balcony too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    so it gets directly sunlight? if so, then possibility that the perspex sheet may wap over time

Feedback Score
    The tank is not facing direct sunlight, dunno how long the perspex strips will last tho. I guess they will turn yellow after a while. Problem is they sag in the middle. Just got them this afternoon and they do the job required. Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    I m looking for cheap black acrlyic too. Anyone has lobang where to get?