Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Waterlife Protozin - Treatment of Whitespot

Waterlife Protozin - Treatment of Whitespot

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

My 3 feet planted tanks (mostly stem plants) was having white spot sometime ago, I had tried using salt with medication (Interpet No 7) together which resulted in a great mistake, most fishes died and some plants melted.

As such I was pissed off with my own actions, I decided to do a 80% water change after rescape the tank. Somemore new plants were added.

The outbreak of white spot continues and I decided to use Tetra medication (malachite green) but the white spot was still on and never go away after 1 cycle of treatment. There is no good sign of imrovement. Fishes white spot come and go, come and go, but plants are OK.

At the edge of fustration, I decided to use Waterlife Protozin recommended to me (I guess that contents is methylene blue - as it stain my fingers), only two days white spot is all gone, no on the fishes anymore, the treatment will continue for 1 cycle to prevent coming back.

I hope to share my experience with you guys who are hit with white spot and are willing to take the risk of using medication. (To me this product does not harm my stem plants).

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    be careful not to stain the silicone... is the white spot appearing after water change?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hihi, please don't condemn salt alone with interpet no. 7
    i don't advise people to use the dyes (malachite green/methylene blue) because they can and do take out every kind of life in the tank

salt is still the safest way to go

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    second DEA's notion.....salt at 1tbsp to 5 gallons.....
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    do you add salt gradually?
    any water change in between?
    been adding salt, about 1 tbs daily for past 4 days.
    seems no improvement.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi tawauboy

for ick, the 1tbsp to 5 gallons of salt dosage should be added into your tank in one go or you will not see any improvement. when excuting water change, the same proportion of salt must be added back into the system. 4 days is too soon...as the purpose of salt is to disrupt the life cycle of ick. Only in the free swimming stage is where the salt kills them and not the cyst state.

You may need to keep the dosage for up to 14 days. Just to add on, ick is a syptom and the primary problem needs to be address. Check all equipment that they are functioning especially water heater. rinse the filter with tank water if it has not been done. Do a water parameter and quality check as well.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...