Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Emperor tetra

Feedback Score

Emperor tetra

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Where can I find emperor tetra ? Was at Pet Safari this afternoon and overheard one of the employees saying that the Emperor tetra cannot be found in S'pore.

Feedback Score

Emperor tetra

Where can I find emperor tetra ? Was at Pet Safari this afternoon and overheard one of the employees saying that the Emperor tetra cannot be found in S'pore.

Feedback Score

Emperor tetra

Feedback Score

Emperor tetra

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    rubbish. just look around. they just want u to buy from them. i think they sell $3.50 other place only $1.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Try C328. Most of the time, they have emperors at $1 each.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Think Gan oso have ! cheers

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    try ben at tiong bahru. I bought 6 from him at about 60 - 80c per fish, can't remember. Went there last thur and still see some there.

Those are normal emperor tetras, but looks very nice still. I think you can ask him whether his supplier has other types. But just a word of caution, others like blue emperor may be more aggressive.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh, sorry, something slipped my mind. I was at Qian Hu 3wks ago, there are tanks of them there. Lor Halus (went there 1 or 2wks ago) also see a lot there.

By the way, just a comment on P. Safari, as a Simei resident myself. Some of the things they sell are really real steep. A harlequin sells at $1.5 where u can get it $0.5 or $0.4 elsewhere, bigger somemore. Neon tetra $1.5 where, just cross the expressway to tampines u get it at $0.2. A steel mesh of riccia with no evident growth at $25, i have friend who throws away tons when he prunes (not a forumer). And, most potted plants at $3 where u can get them at less than $1 from ah pek. If you get to know ah pek, u can really get cheap things from him, even free. Personally, i got a steel mesh of those dark green riccia, several pieces of steel meshes and a large piece of soft blue mesh at $10 from him, which i think will cost me $30 at PS.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Lorba,

In term of pricing, it's really hard to justify why their price is higher. For them (PS), they have take in consideration of their situation like rental, staff salary, running cost, etc in order to determine the price not forgetting the cost of the fish itself. Being in a location like PS, the cost will be definately higher therefore price of the sale items too must rise. Let's face it, nobody runs a business to lose money.

Another example, a bowl of Laksa at my place would cost $2 where else a similar bowl of Laksa would cost $4 in Orchard Rd.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yup, i understand and agree with you totally. No intension of defaming here. Just comparing with it with other LFS in general.

Good point about PS is that, they have very good conditioned tanks for storing their plants in optimal condition. All plants are bubbling off when u buy them off the tank. Many other LFS out there just dump them in dim tanks, and you will realise half the plants are rotted inside the pot when u got home. I guess these add to the cost as well.

So much so, i still buy plants from them when i come across good ones. Last month even bought a $18 crypt kinda plant from PS. Slapped my own face, huh? But i manage to obtain 3 babies from this mother plant, so, worth the money.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    the equipment there is better. i used to buy equipment from PS, but its getting more and more ex.
    i go to tampines LFS now.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys for all your replies. Now need to find an excuse to get out of office to "pay homage" to the emperors []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Agreed. But then again ... the cost of maintaining the shop is much higher too. I guess it's for novice or people who don't mind paying more at a convenient shopping location.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to inform all of you, not to promote this shop hor. My friend found a LFS selling fish damn cheap. I haven't been there, maybe if you are interested can call up. If i remember correct, rummynose at $0.40, emperor tetra $0.40, etc etc. My friend even got a discount after buying around $20++.

Here's the name card he passed me:
    8 Seletar West Farmway 1
    Off Jalan Kayu
    Singapore 798120
    Tel:64816222/ 64811233 / 64832848
    email: [email protected]
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    lorba, PMed you about your aponogeton ulvaceus.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah i frequent that place...
    i find they have the lowest prices ever...
    except for cardinal tetras... gans still the lowest...
    []