Country
    Singapore

Malayan prawns disappeared and some found dead

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks,

I added about 15 Malayan shrimps in total in 2 batches; 10 from Tiong Bahru and 5 from Nature a few weeks back. But they are disappearing and 2 of the larger ones which were very active all along were found dead and turned orange in colour.

Any clue why ? Waste in water ? Water temp ? (29-30) The cardinals and red noses were doing fine for many mths in the same tank so water condition shd be stable.

Thanks.

Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi folks,

I added about 15 Malayan shrimps in total in 2 batches; 10 from Tiong Bahru and 5 from Nature a few weeks back. But they are disappearing and 2 of the larger ones which were very active all along were found dead and turned orange in colour.

Any clue why ? Waste in water ? Water temp ? (29-30) The cardinals and red noses were doing fine for many mths in the same tank so water condition shd be stable.

Thanks.

Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi folks,

Thanks.

Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi folks,

Thanks.

Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Care to list out your tank conditions..then can counter what is wrong..how long has this tank been setup? ..Most likely could be high nitrate levels if established tank..or no algae left to eat (however they do eat sinking fish food though..mmmmm..hence not likely to be this reason). As for temperature...mine yamatoes are well and alive at temperatures of 27.5 - 29 degrees with AC fan on 24/7...so do not see why your shrimps cannot survive though.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Peter,

One thing ... Malayan shrimps doesn't survive well in water temperature about 30deg. If your Nitrate/Nitrite levels are high, that maybe the other causes...