Country
    Singapore

Availability of turtle/tortoise as pets in Singapore

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, everybody

These days I like turtle very much, but i just saw red-eared slider turtle in market. I want to know is there any other kind of cute small turtle allowed in Sinapore?

I want to ask where can i get some beautiful & small turtle in Singapore? Is there any turtle market in Sinagpore? I can go to visit. or anybody can tell me where i can buy them?

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by benny; 21st Jan 2008 at 19:25. Reason: merge posts

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Red Ear Sliders and Malayan Box Tortoise are the only ones allowed in Singapore. RES are aquatic turtles and MBT are terrestrial tortoise (lives on land). I have no idea where to MBT though, don't seem to be common in LFS.
    Yours Truly, Avan

I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life... to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

~ Henry David Thoreau

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    The Indian Star Tortoise looks nice as well....however, from what I've heard its illegal here.
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    o, really? what a pity. no wonder that i cannt find any other kind of turtles

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    don't think you can find any other type of turtle in Singapore except that Red-Eared Slider.

As for Malayan box turtle, hearsay LFS still need some special permit to sell them. So..perhaps that's why we still hardly see them available.

Anyway, do note that RES grow big and aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by zyblack View Post
    Red Ear Sliders and Malayan Box Tortoise are the only ones allowed in Singapore. RES are aquatic turtles and MBT are terrestrial tortoise (lives on land). I have no idea where to MBT though, don't seem to be common in LFS.
    should be turtle.
    Last edited by Quixotic; 22nd Jan 2008 at 19:59. Reason: Merge posts

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How about soft shell turtle? Seldom see them being sold in the fish shop nowadays, but people eat them, should be legal. Sometimes you can still see shop selling pnt, usually quite large size, i think those were given up to them by hobbyist.