Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Re: Sulawesi Shrimps and other fancy Indonesian shrimps

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can someone help me to get sulawesi snail and moss? or where to get it?

i am from malaysia.

my hand phone number is +60122212898 the name is jeffrey

Please help. thank you all first

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by anakkucing View Post

Above is pictures of my sulawesi tanks consist of white orchid, red orchid, white spot, red lines, yellow cheek, and Harlequin. This tank is about 1 month old and so far the shrimps , even the babies are doing well. I use mosura products for this tank. I am not sure where to get the sulawesi rocks in Singapore coz I bought it in Indonesia for about SGD 7 for 1 rock with diameter about 6-8cm
    how's ur shrimp doing? thinking of trying... but scare... haha

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

As I mentioned before, the tank only been setup for 1 month and I'm still in learning process of keeping these beautiful shrimps alive. I've been keeping sulawesi shrimps for about 4 months and I only succeeded in breeding cardinal/white spot. The rest of the species are very fragile and die after few weeks in my previous tank. I decided to do new experiment and re scape my tank with lots of rocks including sulawesi rocks. I also start using mosura products on this tank. So far, so good... Before in my previous setup, I never seen the babies of other species except cardinal, but now i can see babies from red orchid, yellow check, and maybe harlequin (to small to tell) I hope I manage to keep all the species alive this time and maybe have them to breed in my tank... If anyone want to try to keep sulawesi shrimps, I suggest trying cardinal first as they are the hardiest.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

can i ask where do u get ur sulawesi shrimps?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

In Singapore, try C328, Yishun as well as Seaview at seletar. Limited species though.
    There can only be ONE

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Thank for the info.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by joydiv View Post
    In Singapore, try C328, Yishun as well as Seaview at seletar. Limited species though.
    seaview now very very limited...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Newly hatched caridina white spot

You can see that from birth they have the same colouration as the adults.
    Really cute.
    There can only be ONE

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

More shrimps pics...

Mini blue bee... though the colour is closer to a deep brown.

Caridina sarasinorum - This is an interesting species with variable colours and patterns

There can only be ONE

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Germany

Goldflake with probs

Dear all,

recently I have bought some wildcaught Goldflake shrimp. They arrived with probes, I have never seen before. Does anybody know what are these brown bubbles in the neck and why they seem to have molting probs?

Two shrimp died already, another one is nearly gone but I have one berried also.

Thanks,
    Imke

Quote Originally Posted by silane View Post
    I got this one:

I keep them at 27C
    That's a very nice shrimp.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

great looking shrimp

Feedback Score
    Country
    Russian Federation

If anyone here could share with the successfull breeding results, may I ask?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi anakkucing,

what are the mosura products u are using. so far i am only using the Mosura CRS Specialty Food.

my tank was setting up using coral chips (very small) and coral sand mixed in 50-50% about 2 inch in a 40L tank. i use drift wood with java moss. maybe its time i rescape to full rocks. So far they have been hiding, and with some casualty. Alot of them does not survive molting. i was wondering what is the problem here. maybe i did not add shrimp tonic, and i would like to know form your experience what shrimp tonic u have added. they are also not eating the Mosura CRS Specialty Food. they are just grazing on the sands.

Did u use BioPlus, MineralPlus and shrimps Tonic from Mosura product?

any1 else with Sulawesi shrimp experience can share?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Yong View Post
    hi anakkucing,

what are the mosura products u are using. so far i am only using the Mosura CRS Specialty Food.

my tank was setting up using coral chips (very small) and coral sand mixed in 50-50% about 2 inch in a 40L tank. i use drift wood with java moss. maybe its time i rescape to full rocks. So far they have been hiding, and with some casualty. Alot of them does not survive molting. i was wondering what is the problem here. maybe i did not add shrimp tonic, and i would like to know form your experience what shrimp tonic u have added. they are also not eating the Mosura CRS Specialty Food. they are just grazing on the sands.

Did u use BioPlus, MineralPlus and shrimps Tonic from Mosura product?

any1 else with Sulawesi shrimp experience can share?
    check your GH, maybe it;s too high considering the fact that you use coral chips. these shrimps comes from soft water environment and since you mentioned that they did not survive molting, hard water should be the cause.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

thanks boxedfish. it was recommended by CRS Haven to use coral based substrate. if i were to change, what should i use? i read other forum that they are also using coral chips with breeding success.

have u use any other supplement like MineralPlus or BioPlus or old sea mud?

I am now trying to source for sulawesi rocks then do a rescape, removing the drift wood. I heard over time the drift wood will lower the Ph due to natural decay. is it true?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

i think the use of coral chips is to up the PH and buffer it at PH 8. But the reverse effect is that it will also increase the GH of your water. Try inert substrate? they dun affect your water perimeter.

Nope i do not keep sulawesi shrimps since i lost 4 due to molting problems also. From what i understand, MineralPlus or BioPlus or old sea mud will also increase your GH.

in my opinion, sulawesi rocks does not help in making them survive better, they are after all just rocks. Drift wood especially new ones, will leech tannins into water, and yes will lower PH.

what i suggest is, keep the water GH low, pump air into the water to increase PH, if PH not high enough after this, can try those seachem PH up products which was suggested by someone, but i havent tried this method yet. Am goin to give it a try soon myself as i have a sulawesi snail tank although snail tank requirements is not as stringent as a sulawesi shrimp tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

ok thanks for the info. Maybe i will do some experiment. try with MineralPlus first to see what is the effect, then maybe 1 month later add in old sea mud. Then 1 more month add in bio plus. 1 month consistency should be able to monitor the result of the additives i hope

since all rocks are the same, maybe i will just buy some normal rocks. i read that cardinal are rock dwellers, so maybe they do not prefer drift wood setup??

Have no test kit at this moment, time to invest in 1. What is more important to measure for sulawesi shrimp? Ph i know is must, GH also right? i heard kH is not that important, is it true.

I have a very strong mechanical and bio filtration for the 4 puny shrimp which i intent to load up to 20+, which i believe my ammonia, nitrite and nitrate should be almost 0.

Boxedfish, u have any extra sulawesi snails u wanna sell me

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

you add those things like that, confirm GH will be higher than current water.. So it;s not going to solve your molting problem right?

yup get some rocks, but make sure they dun leech minerals into the water. Rocks that leech for example are granite and slate rocks. Maybe you can try lava rocks.

well, just get the PH test kit $15 and GH/KH test kit $15. The GH test kit comes together with KH test kit also. 2 bottles in 1 pack. KH is sort of important to buffer your PH.

i don't have any extra to sell now cos they just breed so slow and babies are even slower to grow. Maybe next time if i have, will inform you.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

thanks for the advice. I will grab mineralplus first. i read in other forum that they have a very good success with mineralplus together with coral sands.

I may have to remove some coral sands if the GH is too high. will update more when i get the test kit

do keep me inform if u got new baby snails... cheers