Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ----------------
    On 11/8/2002 11:04:19 AM

Allen, how're you? I sponsor the hammer, just bring back the orange/ black spotted Harlequinn Frogs at the entrance for me. It's Ramadan again, how time flies....sigh.. Hows Ong?
    ----------------
    Max, I'm ok ! Xie Xie !.
    Lets go do the "job" together ! what say U [] U go for the frogs I go for the Plecos [] .
    Yeap ! times really flies ! fasting month again !.
    Ong the Hitman ! is in Big Time now ! 1st - Planted tank, 2nd - Plecos and cories, 3rd - four legged creatures, now - he's into LH ! yes ! LH ! and he got 15 pcs !. I called him last weekend and he was shopping for LH ! man ![]
    BTW did u check out Gan's latest shipment of Sting Rays ?
    Quite chio !. Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Gan's altum

Feedback Score
    Alen, sorry for the late reply. Went for reservist last week.
    Did you join Ong for the LH? I talked to him and he had a very good reason for keeping LH- that they will NOT die! Seemingly true, and quite an appealing trait indeed...
    Apparently, the last batch of StingRays you saw were all sold out during Deepavali period, I was too late due to in camp commitment.

Gan indicated that their new shipment are coming tomorrow, I will go check this weekend. Seems like there will be few "present surprises" installed for aquaqotieners (esp those pleco fans- L65 is coming!? and new species of StingRay)

Do you have any update from Qian Hu? I met a freind in reservist and he claimed to get stingrays and arrowana at a discount from one worker. Any lobang?
    Have I done my water change?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Max, I was at QH yesterday, saw quite a nos. of plecos and various species of rays ( drooling oreli rite ! ). I may be able to get some discount from Andy or Ray , let me know ! Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was at Gan place during lunch time [] . Saw the new shippment very impressive.... More heckel discus, more tefe green and..... Alencer!!!! Only left 6 pc. Very red and round body so do the price. [] Also see some gold ram (not blue). Look like it gona be a very long Nov for me..........[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ooops double post sorry

Feedback Score
    Hey can give the complete ad for this shop

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Hey can give the complete ad for this shop
    ----------------
    GAN AQUARIUM FISH FARM
    LCK 180, Neo Tiew Lane 2
    Singapore 719012
    Tel: 68612997

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Not forgetting Plecos too ! L047, L018, L048, LDA033, L133, L172b etc, check it out ! Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Whats the diff bet LDA33 and L133?? They look both the same to me![:0]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    LDA033 belongs to the Baryancistrus species and L133 is Ancistrus species( those with bristles on its head ) cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    But Allen, u need to catch the fellow up then can id??? I thought LDA033 has bigger spot compare to L133???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/21/2002 1:03:42 PM

LDA033 belongs to the Baryancistrus species and L133 is Ancistrus species( those with bristles on its head ) cheers !

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    ----------------
    did i hear the word bristles.. cheong har!!![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, spotted bristlenose must cheong, cos it's more common to see plain/dull ones! []
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    But Allen, u need to catch the fellow up then can id??? I thought LDA033 has bigger spot compare to L133???
    ----------------
    Kun, the difference is very distinct - " the bristle lah ", Yes ! LDA033 has big spots & L133 has very fine white spots, apart from that L133 is somehow " flat ". Beli nice and hardy pleco !, used to have 2 pcs until the recent disaster ! all wipe out ! . I oso must cheong ahhhhhhh! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hehehe... year end coming and mean bonus also coming liao. Everyone sound like going to "show hand" liao...... U guys cheong ahead 1st, my bonus should in by Dec and then cheong ah...... []

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wat bonus? I havent had my bonus for the last 4 years and not to say anything abt increment as well

How big does L133 grows up to?

What are the plecos that are <6' when full grown?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    vican, L133 max 6", so you can also cheong with the rest! []

go for 'ancistrus' and 'peckoltia', they're all max 6". price-wise, so far i've seen are between $40 to $50. oh, and don't forget the L046, zebra pleco, though no more stock now.

good places to get? in my case, i like gan's, C328 and JE217A. Gan & JE have a copy of the aqualog which you can refer.

hope this helps. for more info, do a 'search' on plecos and see what our very own pleco-king akoh/allen advised before. i asked him the same question when i first started! []

good luck!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Alanxer - sold out.

Altum - Going Fast!

Chew Chew 133 - going FASTER!

Check out our new "unknown tetra"- all 5 tanks full of them! Few pieces in the main planted tank, superb colouration but just couldn't find its ID on Axelrod's Atlas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123