Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Possible to save the eggs of a dead pregnant shrimp?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Possible to save the eggs of a dead pregnant shrimp?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    One of my cherries has been pregnant for 2 weeks, and it just died. The rest of the shrimps are doing fine.Is there any way to save the eggs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nope...this is not possible..unless it dies while giving birth. otherwise, mother dies, supplies cut off, eggs turn white. sorry =(

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    nope...this is not possible..unless it dies while giving birth. otherwise, mother dies, supplies cut off, eggs turn white. sorry =(
    sorry, as the mother shrimp is carrying for 2 week still got no chance to hatch the fries if we take out from the died mother?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Actually it is possible to safe the eggs. I have done it before. But out of a batch of 30 eggs I manage to safe only 14 cherries, the rest turns white due to fungus. Still better than nothing.

What I do is extract the eggs from the dead shrimps and put it in a clean container with water (I use the water from the tank) and add a drop of Methalyn Blue if you have. I stir the water every few hours or if you have air pump, put on a very small stream of air bubble into the water. I manage to keep the eggs for a few days until they are hatched.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the advice bros, actually i did extract the eggs and placed them in another container with air pump bubbling air, but sadly fungi started growing on the eggs..=(

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    This may come a bit too late but when you see an egg turn white, quickly remove it from the rest of the batch or else they'll turn white also. Another thing is you might want to try to keep them separated.
    - Luenny

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It is possible to save the eggs, a egg tumber is needed and the successful rate is depend on how good the eggs tumber is and the age of the eggs.
    silane