Images
    Country
    Singapore

suggestion for type of moss on driftwood

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi allz... i didnt know why my driftwood which i bought from teo was infested with algae and actually shld have java moss become got java moss and ricca.. ricca growing but java moss turned to be infested with algae.. i just removed my driftwood and clear everything away.. plan to put the wood into the sun tomorrow to dry up any algae still left( is this adviseable?).. then.. can i have some suggestions on what moss to grow on it? xmas or java? abit headache currently.. need act fast liao cause i scared later my plants grow and take up the space meant for the driftwood.. thanks all

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

hi allz... i didnt know why my driftwood which i bought from teo was infested with algae and actually shld have java moss become got java moss and ricca.. ricca growing but java moss turned to be infested with algae.. i just removed my driftwood and clear everything away.. plan to put the wood into the sun tomorrow to dry up any algae still left( is this adviseable?).. then.. can i have some suggestions on what moss to grow on it? xmas or java? abit headache currently.. need act fast liao cause i scared later my plants grow and take up the space meant for the driftwood.. thanks all

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Perhaps your temperature was too high and the moss died. Ideal temperature for moss is 24 to 26 degrees. Of course some people have success at even 29 degrees.

What type of algae did you get anyway? Your tank is should still be in the cycling stage right? What are the rest of your water parameters? I think taking the driftwood out would not help the algae problem if it's caused by excess nutrients or lights.
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/30/2002 10:59:59 PM

Perhaps your temperature was too high and the moss died. Ideal temperature for moss is 24 to 26 degrees. Of course some people have success at even 29 degrees.

What type of algae did you get anyway? Your tank is should still be in the cycling stage right? What are the rest of your water parameters? I think taking the driftwood out would not help the algae problem if it's caused by excess nutrients or lights.
    ----------------
    no testkits im not sure wat algae i tihnk its just the moss decaying

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Try removing as much as possible from the wood, and soak in hot water longer.

Else, put in bleach water for a few days. then soak and clean throughly
    The key to success is patience. If that fails, screw the guy in front of you!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Please don't use bleach. It will soak into the wood and releases once you put it back into your tank. Kinda risky IMO.

Just remove as much as you can. If your condition of your tank is good, it will eventually die off
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    where can i get cheap and most importantly healthy java moss? i stay in the east

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 10/30/2002 11:33:53 PM

where can i get cheap and most importantly healthy java moss? i stay in the east
    ----------------
    if u want i can pass u some java moss next week after my exam.. pm if u want..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh thanks for yr offer but i sort of need it quite urgently thats why i wanna buy them thanks anyway

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    try C328, they selling quite cheap, let me go back and do some checking, may have some excess from last time.. pm me for details...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I just dropped by C328 today. they are selling it for S$2 per packet. not a lot, but enough to start a colony if u grow them well.

Clementi block 328, near MRT

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    is there any place in the west that sells? just went petmart and far east aquatic both dont have..
    clmenti abit far for me.. but are they nice and fresh lance? if it is i might make a trip down tmr just for the moss thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ok i decided to drop by c328 tmr..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Petmart had xmas moss...
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    xmas is alot more expensive than java moss, but it looks better too :>

morph3us, have you been to C328 before? if not, you'll be surprised by the variety of things that carry there. i was quite amused. check out all the plants.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Folks,

Anyone still have some moss to spare ? Want to try out if it will grow in my tank (29-30 deg) before buying more. Thks.

Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i do have quite a bit of java moss to sell at $8 if you want...

----------------
    On 11/6/2002 11:06:52 AM

Hi Folks,

Anyone still have some moss to spare ? Want to try out if it will grow in my tank (29-30 deg) before buying more. Thks.

Peter
    ----------------