Country
    Singapore

Questions about infractions

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Don't need to be senstive if there are disagreements in view points, they are just trying to be helpful.

These are for all members:

Moderators don't have the time solely just to sit here staring at the screen, looking at every post. They do have their day time jobs, and other responsibilities (e.g. family) as well. And they, like everyone else, are mere mortals.

Just a reminder to all that the forum is not just for Singaporeans alone, there are many members from other countries, and some where English are not their first language, so be mindful and think before you post.

Please let it be known that SMS related language and unnecessary shortforms (e.g. gr8, cuz, mi, ur) are strongly discouraged in our forums. Singlish (e.g. lah, rojak, alamak, act cute) is fine as long as you don't overuse it and devalue the content of discussed topics.

Do note that etiquettes and rules here may differ from other forums, so all members should kindly respect and abide them.

And lastly, we would like to seek the co-operation of members to leave the forum rules and such matters to the moderators so as to facilitate better handling and avoid any unnecessary misunderstandings.

Thanks and greatly appreciated.

Now let us all get back to the topic of fish keeping!
    hi mod, just to check with you, how offen infaction point is given to member when we commit sms lingo? AS I got 2 point in continous posting in within 5 mins wtithout my notice and I saw some moderator help people to edit without given out any infaction point ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    once a mod has to repeatly edit your thread and get frustrated you will get a infraction point. There is no hard and fast rule on how many times, we let the mod decide, however, there is a time period for the infraction point (usually 1 day to 1 month) and if any member chalked up 100, it is an automatic ban

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    oh I see, two thread one mistake each, sorry to make you frustrated . because I see others brother seem can edit and I can't , and no bro have any infaction point . thank

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    CHOO,

Your infractions came from different threads and different times.

http://aquaticquotient.com/forum/sho...724#post296724

http://aquaticquotient.com/forum/sho...724#post296724

If it's an occasional/accidental mistake, normally, moderators just edit and that's it. Sometimes, a friendly reminder via PM is also issued.

If it's a repeated offence, infractions are given. Normally 1 pt for 1st offence and it last for a month. Repeated offences will result in exponential increment in the points awarded. Accumulate 15 points and the account will be suspended for 30 days. Subsequent suspensions will be doubled each time (i.e. 60 days, 90 days, 180 days). So far, no one has been suspended for more than 30 days.

From your current history, you have nothing to worry about. Just be a bit more mindful when you posts. That's all.

Enjoy the forums.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Where can I check my infraction points? Thanks.
    God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can click on the user CP tab on the top left hand corner. However, you have no infractions currently. Normally, when you get an infraction, you will also get a Private Message notification.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?