Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

fry food

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi to all. my candidi is having a spawn now after 3 attempts. and i'm hoping this batch of fries will grow up to adulthood. i know that bbs is the most recommended fry food but i guess i will not have time to hatch and feed them to the fries everyday. hope the experienced breeders out there can answer my following questions.
    1. where can i get good liquid fry food? i've got interpet liquifry now. where to get wardley's or jbl?

2. where can i get good artemia eggs? the bottle i'm having now seems to have poor hatch rate.

3. about hatching bbs, how much salt to 1 litre of water? any other special requirement?

4. last question, any good way to separate unhatched eggs, egg shells and bbs?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

fry food

hi to all. my candidi is having a spawn now after 3 attempts. and i'm hoping this batch of fries will grow up to adulthood. i know that bbs is the most recommended fry food but i guess i will not have time to hatch and feed them to the fries everyday. hope the experienced breeders out there can answer my following questions.
    1. where can i get good liquid fry food? i've got interpet liquifry now. where to get wardley's or jbl?

2. where can i get good artemia eggs? the bottle i'm having now seems to have poor hatch rate.

3. about hatching bbs, how much salt to 1 litre of water? any other special requirement?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

fry food

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

fry food

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've raise all my fry with liquid fry, growth compare to feeding BBS will be slightly slower.

JBL you can get it from keong seong or nature.
    Wadley Egg layers fomular so far i don't see it anywhere already, even nature has ran out of stock.

I've tired interpet, compare to jbl, i still prefer jbl. If you got a chance to get wadley liquid fry by all means get it. Better then jbl.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks. will try to get the jbl fry food. few more questions.. if i'm supposed to mix the whole tank with the liquid fry food, does the tank pollute very quickly? does that means i have to do many water changes to remove the uneaten food? how long b4 your fries can take daphnia or bloodworm?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    IMO Fry don't really consume the liquid fry food we give them, instead the liquid fry will cultivate micro-organisium for the fry to consume.

i suggest putting a single sponge filter for the fry tank as it will establish an area for the MO to live in.

i usually feed the fry till the water is cloudy , the water will clear up the next day usually. frequent water change is good for the growth of the fry.

how long...for fry to take BW, at lease 4mths. For daphnia around 2wks. daphnia you better have a good source if not it'll wipe out the entire brood.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the help. i have frozen daphnia.. did u try these b4? hope they can take them.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry. double posting..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hikari Frozen daphnia? i'm not very sure if they readily convert consuming to those food.

for the second phase of feeding i'll convert them to consume wadley bs which they readily eat, the wadley bs is very fine like bbs that is dried. So far i really love feeding them that.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah. hikari's one. where do u get the wardley's bs?? very interested.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sam Yick at marine parade.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    for good hatch rate bbs...
    can get from lam hong in ang mo kio ave 4